View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 10:53 PM   #14
Mmcmon

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
So, right on schedule and as expected (69,000 km / 42,883 mi) - the rear right shock absorber on my ZL1 started leaking.

I'm looking in the parts database and there are several parts listed: "fe5" suspension, "fe6" suspension, "fe5/fe6" suspension. Which one is for the ZL1?

I would think I can get away with ordering only the shock absorbers, rather than entire struts. Is that presumption correct, considering that the ZL1 has the magnetorheological suspension?

Are the 22737724 and 22809066 the correct part numbers? Do I need any other parts when replacing the suspension?

Have the new shock absorbers been revised so that they do not leak after only ~40,000 miles any more?
You can order the shock from ac delco. It’s not difficult to dissamble the strut. If you are disassembling the strut you should go ahead and order the rubber bushings for the springs as well because they wear down.

Tutorials are floating around here. Be careful not to snap your mag-ride sensor.
It’s not difficult, took me around 3 hours. Obviously torque to spec and use a spring tool.
Mmcmon is offline   Reply With Quote