Thread: Spun bearing
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #52
Astatenate

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamxincx View Post
there are many reasons these lsa's have bearing issues.. i have studied it some .. the lsa is set up with tight tolerences from factory with the forseen concept that the aluminum motor will grow when heated up. Aluminum motors expand and contract more than a cast iron block. I feel the lsa's get some premature wear upon start up and if the car is not up to temp before seeing some load may be a contributing factor.. I think we should gather some data.. like which bearing/pics, oil specs, oil psi, start up treatment,mileage. etc... might be able to get a better understanding of whats causing these issues. but there are a lot of factors to consider ...
I could give my personal experience. If anyone would like. To Talley them up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Both of these unfortunate incidents sound like they have more to do with the movement of the oil than the oil itself.
Sure are
But I guess I’ll be at least making sure my factory oil pump is good. If it is. I’ll leave it alone. If not. Then I may upgrade to HV one. Regardless a better oil is going in it. With e85 dilution. I feel like 5-30 M1 isn’t going to cut it. And have my Rev limit moved from 7k back down to like 6500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ27 View Post
In the same boat. Spun a rod bearing and in the process of rebuilding right now. I too was running mobil 1 5w 30. I was not even getting on it just cruising and heard the knocking. I did notice for about a month before the oil pressure at idle only showed 14 to 15 psi when warm.
Geez man. Sorry to hear that. You going 416 or just rebuild?
787WHP/ 719TQ | Fully Forged Short Block | Custom Spec GPI Cam | DSX aux pump & FF sensor| 1200cc FIC Injectors | Lingfelter 10.0” pulley & ATI damper | RotoFab Intake | ZZ Performance solid isolator | Kooks Headers | Corsa Catback | AFCO dual fan HX | Reinforced IC brick | AEM 3-in-1 Gauge | GPI Tuned | Carbon Fiber WickerBill | Morimoto Tail-lights | WELD S71 + ET STREET R’s
Astatenate is offline   Reply With Quote