View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #50
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
So JMS at 16.50V did not trip the code while on the dyno, but also lost 20 or so psi low side fuel pressure at 726 WHP. I turned it up to 17.00V and it kept up. Pullied down one size on my Whipple (3.50 to 3.25, still not even close to max blower speed), and I lost 20 psi of fuel pressure at 780 WHP. No code at 17.00V, at least. But I’m done trying to fuel this motor off a single in-tank pump. I need to do something much better (either surge tank setup or triple in-tank like Fore).

All on 93 octane BTW, only 8% ethanol.
To be honest, when are we going to go old-school & run a straight pick-up in-tank & use a easily obtainable high volume in-line as the low side pump?

I get the attraction of working off in-tank pumps, but they have always proven to have their limitations.

Don’t get me wrong, 7-800 RWHP, or more, is impressive from factory systems, but with what I’m seeing in terms of the on-demand PWM/ voltage, which has been a thing for like 2 decades now, there comes a point where you can just nip this stuff in the bud.

Maybe I’m off here, & please feel free edumacate me, maybe you guys are & I’m missing that, but the transfer function of voltage vs flow rate @ dynamic pressure is an age old equation.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote