View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #2767
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I like Deth's idea of keeping the Hellcat and selling the ZL1 for a C8, since the Hellcat is more comfortable and has a larger passenger and trunk space than the ZL1. You'd have your comfy GT cruiser with tons of power, and your "true" sports car (I know the ZL1 is essentially a "sports" car, but, semantics). Anyway...

For me, personally from a package standpoint, I like options and safety tech. That was a big selling point for me with the Mustang GT Premium and safe and smart package. My Mustang has heated and cooled seats, and I love them. Never realized how much I'd like that feature until I had it. If ordering a C8, I would get a 2LT package at minimum (would want the 3LT but that would depend on cost), and probably with the Z51 package. I would prefer a C8 over a Hellcat (and ZL1 and GT500 at similar price ranges) if I had to choose between the two.

I am surprised the 3LT doesn't have all the latest safety tech, including auto braking/collision warning, lane keep alert/assist, and adaptive cruise control or auto high beams. I didn't notice those as even options on the 3LT package but could have missed it in my scan of the options sheet. The auto braking/collision has proven to significantly reduce the number of crashes in cars with the tech. (by around 50% give or take), and reduce injury when crashes do occur because the brakes are automatically applied before the human can react and apply the brakes.

495 hp and ~3,550 lbs is ~7.2 lbs/ hp ratio. Pretty good by historical standards. That's like having 620 hp in your 4,450 lbs Hellcat. The torque rating is pretty darn good for an N/A engine (470 ft-lbs). I remember back in the 90s and early 2000s the LT1s and LS1s of that day making like around 340 ft-lbs and those were "torquey" engines. Now my Gen 3 5.0 Coyote makes 420 ft-lbs and is not that torquey compared to the current LT1 that makes 455 ft lbs. To be fair, the Gen 3 5.0 makes quite a bit more low and mid range torque than Gen 2 Coyotes for those that haven't driven an '18+ (and the 3.55 torsen rear diff on my PP1 w/ A10 really helps multiply the torque, too). Anyway, times have changed! It's great to be a car guy in today's day and age.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote