View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumaRN1LE View Post
Hey guys,

Forgive me if this has already been covered. I recently purchased my 2015 SS 1LE and while I love it, the stock exhaust is just too quiet for me. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience switching to the NPP dual mode exhaust from a stock exhaust. I know Ill need to switch out the rear diffuser, but is there any electrical work that will need to be done for the valves on the NPP system? Thanks in advance.

Also fyi I'm stuck in communist California, so after market exhausts are a tad too risky at the moment (unless anyone has experience with a corsa sport or something similar, no headers or anything like that) Thanks!

The 5th gen NPP uses the ECU and vacuum lines to control the flaps, so a swap is not something that many go for. There is a company that made an "NPP in a BOX" kit that would allow for always closed or always open. Of course, you have to purchase the NPP mufflers, etc. and a rear Diffuser. Do a google search for NPP in a Box.

I would reach out to others in SO Cal about exhaust upgrades, too. Jump on Instagram and there are several So Cal Camaro groups. You might try WestCoastMaros to start.