View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #25
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Are you overfilling the tank? You know, trickling fuel in after the nozzle kicked off?
My sister has done that and had a CEL pop up.
Once fuel instead of vapors enters the canister it takes forever to clear.
So she comes home last week and says,"It took me forever to pump in the last $0.75" I said, "So you are back to topping it off when you know you failed emissions last time because of that?" "No, I wasn't" "Yes you were"
She finally has a light bulb moment...
Just a thought.

When the pump kicks off give it up. It ain't gonna give you another day's worth of fuel anyway.
I'm cut from the same cloth as you, it clicked, kits done. I did go and check all the hoses and lines and plugs to the EVAP soleniod and saw nothing awry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyscale View Post
When I had this problem I couldnt get everything to be at ready until I drove over 60mph then it worked fine and I passed
Heh, I wish that was the problem but shes been well over 60 quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
The downstream O2 sensors really have no effect on fuel trims. Not sure what the Live data readings mean but I would still try adding a cheap O2 extender to at least one bank
as it can't hurt as they resolve sensor2 CEL codes which cause Not Ready status for cars with LTs and no tune or cars with HF cats
I don't think its minor affect matters in my situation (the effect is minor, its based on cat efficiency to offer up minor fuel trim changes for emissions purposes only), the fact its not reporting matters. The Bank 2 one is reporting 99.2 percent fuel burn, Bank 1 is reporting N/A, hence the monitor doesn't set and the car won't pass. Remember I don't have any codes and theres nothing wrong with the primary sensors they are operating correctly. I don't want to start throwing aftermarket parts at the car that are not and shouldn't be needed. For 40 bucks I could just get a new downstream sensor, that could fix it, unless my problem is somehow worse.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote