View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #13
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Great to read about your kids!

Our son spent 4 years in the Air Force as an MP while they schooled him in computer programming. After that stint he couldn't get school funding because, you know, he wasn't the right color. So he worked his way through school for his degree and got a job at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications where he continued his education. He gave us a tour a couple years ago. WOW!

Now he is a System Administrator there.

He is married with three wonderful children. I never asked him what he earns, but judging from the house they bought last year, he is way ahead of me.

Our daughter had a Presidential Scholarship to a liberal arts school in California. Fortunately, liberal wasn't as bad then as it is now. None of that protesting and crap, just goofy fun.
After graduation she moved back home and began as a teaching assistant for a special needs class near home.

When she moved to Brooklyn, NY she was put in charge of the first ever special needs class in the district.
The principal at the school she worked in didn't want to allocate any resources for special ed so she wrote letters requesting donations. Some of the largest corporations in the US responded. Within two years she was in charge of special ed at 7 schools in the district.

Then she married and right now she is at home raising her first baby, but she plans to return next fall. She misses the kids.

My daughter is actually the right color to get the scholarship, but she refused to put her race on any collage app. Hillsdale does not ask your race or gender, hence the Federal Government does not consider it a college at all and no kids can get big Gov'ment loans. She refused to use any benefits that can be derived by her race minority status. You go girl.

Yeah I hear you my daughter wants to marry a "normal" guy. Have kids stay home, even though her IQ is the highest of any human I know and I work for a university.....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote