View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #57
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I've been saying the exact same thing. They have priced new V8 Camaros outside of the core demographics that really want them, younger people who are cash strapped and people with families who want a toy car on the side of all of life's other responsibilities and expenses.
Not quite true. A new camaro in 1968 ranged from 3000-3500 dollars, which in today's money is between 20,000-25,000 so yes, the price of the camaro has increased. However, you can still get a base Camaro, LS or LT, for around that money very easily. And that camaro will have FAR better performance than any 1968 Camaro ever did. Also, it is safer and much less likely to kill you, and has far more standard features. So you get what you pay for.
Also, you don't get to have a modern supercar with a V8 engine just because you "want one." Young cash strapped families don't get to have high performance super cars, as a general rule. I spent many many years wanting a V8 camaro, yet driving a used toyota corolla, because that's what I could afford.