View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 PM   #42
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
People have these biased perceptions of BMW 3-series cars, thinking that the interior is CNCed from one giant solid piece of aluminum, inlaid with goat leather and diamonds. To a large extent, it's what they "want to believe" about these cars. The bottom line is that they are no 6, 7, or even 5 series as far as that goes. Once you are paying 100K things change dramatically, but an M2, M3, M4 is not all that interior-wise IMO. My 4-series SQUEAKED over curbs because the damn door seals gripped the windows and creaked with the body-flex. Sill-less frames, just like the Camaro...but BMW couldn't seem to not make them creak all over the place. Don't get me wrong, the interior isn't horrible, but the BMW has little to nothing over the Camaro in terms of ergonomics and features, although BMW does piece-meal you more, making you pay for stupid stuff like alarm system, keyless entry, cross-traffic alerts, etc. Lots of stuff that is standard on an 2SS was all sorts of extra $$$ on the BMW. About the only thing my BMW had over it was the adaptive cruise control, which for obvious reasons doesn't make a lot of sense with a manual car like the Camaro. Otherwise a lot of stuff like the cluster, HUD, driving modes (and not having to select sport every time I start) is better. 1SS is definitely stripped out more in terms of features, but 2SS gives you a lot that when you compare with a 3 or 4 series BMW, stacks up pretty well.

THIS!!!!!! X 10000000000000

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote