View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #30
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
I like both cars. I've driven a Gen 6 SS extensively. Its a very good car for a good price. Lots of fun, great torque, good steering and handling. My E92 M3 drives (to me) in a more special way and the interior between the two again in my opinion is really no comparison. The quality of the M3 is substantially higher everywhere you look. The engine sounds unique and special at the press of the button and especially at 8,300 rpm. But the car MSRPd for almost $80K five years ago. Used purchase is where its at but the cost of maintenance is still pretty darn high. You have to LOVE the way it drives to make it worth it. I'd love if the Camaro's back seat was slightly larger like my M3 is, the (I know) visibility was similar and better than it is and the interior had less hard plastics and the nav wasn't angled and it didn't appear to be tacked on. Additionally the dealer network is also no comparison but again, you pay for that....heavily. That said, still considering a 1LE because I think overall, compromises included, its a phenomenal car especially for the money. Just my 2c.
Just a couple of comments on your post...

I agree on the engine sound of the E90/92, it was sublime!!! That car could have had a super quiet exhaust and it would still have sounded amazing. It is the best sounding motor I have ever had, so mechanical and satisfying. I averaged like 10MPG in that car because I spend a lot of time at 6K RPM's and up.

I just came out of a 2016 M3 with the standard leather and to me my 2SS 1LE's interior feels just as nice as the M3, just minus the few bits of carbon the M3 had. The standard M3 interior has plenty of plastic trim pieces. The interior is much quieter in the 1LE compared to the M3 as far as squeaks, rattles, etc. I purposely touched, pressed and moved every button in the Camaro before I bought one to see if things had improved since my C6 Z06, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote