View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #1850
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
See, that's the problem. The fact that it is so polarizing sucks. When a car design is instantly beautiful and/or badass by anyone who sees it, you have a win. When you have to squint or force yourself to find something you like or in a certain color, that is a fail.

My first impression of the SS was that it sucks and now, I still think it sucks. They blew it with those stupid cheek bones, big black bumper, flow tie bullseye, teary eyes, and those bulbous squished donut tail lights.

My first impression of the RS was that I liked it. The more I look at it now, the more I dislike it. That ain't good. It looks clumsy. The smiling bumper, clumsy stepped grille, too high bowtie look dumb and dont Tue in well to the rest of the 6th gen body.

It all looks like an after thought because it is an after thought. None of these changes were part of the original design and it shows. A refresh should be mild tweaks to the original design to improve and slightly enhance things. Some things they could have done: dark tail lights for the SS standard, smooth the rear bumper, update the headlights to LEDs but keep the shape along with LED turn signals incorporated, update the side markers to LEDs, offer some new wheel designs, offer some additional colors besides grey, blue, and red, and add a little more power. Win!

Some folks seem to like it which is good, but I hope enough do to buy it. My guess is that they will expedite the 7th gen and get it to market quickly for one last chance for Camaro survival. I bet that it will be totally different; sleek, refined, classy, and aggressive with increased visibility.

Just check u tube. There are tons of "how did this happen?" And "the 2019 Camaro disaster" videos. Not a good sign and I'm sure GM is aware.