View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #25
tjaizl1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 (6spd Mosiac Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
amen to that....I was lucky and found a local nh dealer willing to match a non local dealers price and bought local.
YESSS so true! I have went to Terryville twice within a 6 month period and both of the different salesmen I dealt with basically told me they are selling MSRP and that is it. I even asked about factory incentives and rebates and they didn't seem willing or well versed and what is actually out.

I think the best they could do was $900 off a regular zl1.... and I told them how I have been shopping down south like Koons, Criswell, Kerbeck and Macmulkin and the sales guy straight up challenged me. He asked me why I'm not picking up the vehicle I want down south then. He said I should just go ahead and buy it from someone else because they rather let the car sit and wait till the right guy to walk in and buy.

He even told me a story about how the whole sales team have been giving the sales manager crap for selling a brand new 2016 Corvette for 20k off a month ago because the next week someone came in with an offer for 10k off. It just shows how long these guys will hold a vehicle before taking money off. They rather have a high performance car to get more foot traffic..

It's unfortunate because now shopping for cars out of state can be so easy and painless. Negotiating can be done over phone. Financing done over the internet and phone. Documents can be mailed and signed and sent back... when that's done, you can either pick up vehicle and drive back or set up car transportation. It's common and easy for a customers to buy a vehicle without even setting foot in the dealership and big dealerships are taking advantage of that while some local dealerships are too stubborn.

Look at Hyundai's Genesis' lineup now. Everything is done online and they do VIP delivery to your office or your house.
tjaizl1 is offline   Reply With Quote