View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #339
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Tracy and I decided to change the order of the build; the metal zipties under the hood were replaced with AN fittings, the 3.0" MAF tube was replaced with a 3.5" MAF tube, new charge piping with a 50mm TiAL blow off valve and double layer titanium turbo blankets were also installed. Will then retuned the car, without meth, just pump gas we dynoed 595rwhp and 517ft*lbs tq. We wanted to see exactly when fuel pressure dropped (hpfp was maxed out). Tracy then went to Bradenton Motorsports Park on 2/24/18 for some shake down passes to get an idea of where we are at and to tweak the suspension and tune. It was #spincity, we could not hook on the NT555R's, she was spinning down the track. Only two 1/4mi passes with a best so far of 11.65 at 120mph. That night I ordered MT ET Street R and 92 drag stars 17x10.5. Tracy Lewis then competed in NHRA 1/8th bracket. Eliminated in the 3rd round on a red light. I was a little disappointed in the results, expecting a time around 10.9 and 135+mph; however, I did cheap out last year and purchase NT555R's. This upcoming week, the exhaust cam with the modified fuel lobe should be installed, we are doing a 3.73 gear swap, instalingl the hurst line lock and gutting the interior. I actually decided to pull the radio unit with ac/heat controls since I will no longer have speakers and the ac system was already removed. So I decided to get rid of the dead weight and sell it. Our goal is to break 10.69 before the TH350 trans swap. (I will be back in Palmetto, FL March 20-24th. I will be at the track with Tracy doing some test n tune, the plan is too have everything done besides the cage and TH350 swap).

*Edit: We also determined that we need to upgrade the wastegate springs!
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 02-26-2018 at 09:09 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote