Thread: camaro vs vette
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #25
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Girls - A Vette will get you girls. A Camaro will get you women. Plain and simple.
I disagree, a car will not get you any woman, period. But it will get you plenty of girls. Catch my drift?

Man and to think, in 1990 at the age of 18 I managed to get myself into a slightly used (18k miles), babied, loaded red on red 1988 Mustang LX 5.0. Other than the Buick GN and Corvette it was about the fastest thing made as far as regular production cars went at the time. And I had no business whatsoever having it. Too much car, far too little sense (and that '88 Mustang would be hard pressed to outrun the typical 6-cylinder family sedan of today). Now I know that not every 18 year old is an idiot to the extent I was, but I know that no child of mine will ever have anything resembling a performance car until they are old enough to buy it for themselves with their own money.

As for insurance, don't be suprised if the Corvette is cheaper to insure than the new Camaro. C5 insurance was typically less than an LS1 f-body, and don't forget that cost to repair is also a huge factor in insurance price. Repairing a wrecked 2010 Camaro, an all-new car from the ground up will be astronomically expensive for the first year or so because of limited parts availability.

Last edited by Craig; 07-25-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote