Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FNG (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680)

AFSNightrod 02-19-2007 04:20 AM

FNG

Just wanted to say hi. I'm currently on my third F-body(an '01 TA, my other two were an '89 Camaro RS and an '89 Formula 350 Firebird). I'm really looking forward to the new Camaro coming out. I would prefer a Firebird/Trans Am, but it looks like that ain't happening. So Camaro it is. I haven't heard any news at all on a new GTO, other than the fact that they are talking about building one on the Camaro platform. Anybody have any info? Long live American Muscle!

OverAnxious 02-19-2007 06:28 AM

Welcome :D

Checkout the threads here as well as my Camaro blog (link in my sig below) for info on the Zeta chassis cars :D

MaroMike 02-19-2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFSNightrod (Post 7311)
Just wanted to say hi. I'm currently on my third F-body(an '01 TA, my other two were an '89 Camaro RS and an '89 Formula 350 Firebird). I'm really looking forward to the new Camaro coming out. I would prefer a Firebird/Trans Am, but it looks like that ain't happening. So Camaro it is. I haven't heard any news at all on a new GTO, other than the fact that they are talking about building one on the Camaro platform. Anybody have any info? Long live American Muscle!

Welcome aboard my friend. Having owned a 2001 custom WS6, I too was hoping for a T/A version. One thing is for sure though, with this 5th gen Camaro, we're NOT having to settle for anything sub-par. The Camaro was always a winner, and it's retro/modern look is a grand slam homer right outta the park.

Regards!! Mike:thumbup:

TAG UR IT 02-19-2007 11:22 AM

Welcome to the site! We have a little info here and there about the GTO and some discussion on the Firebird as well...but nothing is set in stone and pretty much most info is speculation. Time will tell, my friend.

Casull 02-19-2007 12:05 PM

I am confused... what is FNG?

WMCC Doug 02-19-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7319)
I am confused... what is FNG?

:eek: Can we say that here? ............... something about a New Guy :iono:

Casull 02-19-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMCC Doug (Post 7321)
:eek: Can we say that here? ............... something about a New Guy :iono:

Gotcha.... lol... never connected the two..

WMCC Gary 02-19-2007 02:09 PM

Welcome! Enjoy the place.

KILLER74Z28 02-19-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7323)
Gotcha.... lol... never connected the two..

Are you saying you have never been an "FNG"? :laugh:

Casull 02-19-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 7328)
Are you saying you have never been an "FNG"? :laugh:

:laugh: unfortunately all too often....

Mr. Wyndham 02-19-2007 08:01 PM

sorry, I still don't get it(I can guess but it still don't make any sense).....send me a private message if you can't say it in public...:rolleyes: :respekt:

EllwynX 02-19-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 7348)
sorry, I still don't get it(I can guess but it still don't make any sense).....send me a private message if you can't say it in public...:rolleyes: :respekt:

Don't feel bad. I don't get it either, though I have an idea...

KILLER74Z28 02-19-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 7348)

FUC**** NEW GUY... :bonk:

WMCC Doug 02-19-2007 11:24 PM

As far as I know, the common use of FNG, goes back to the Viet Nam days when soldiers didn't want to get close to the new members of their outfit, since their life expetancy was pretty short. So, instead of getting to know the New Guy by name, they became FNG's.

If they lived a while, than you would take the time to become friends. There was no sense in making friends with a new guy, just to see your new friend end up dead on their first or second patrol.

So, welcome to AFSNightrod - FNG :w00t: