CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   The Results are in..... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619213)

Bangkok_ZL1 08-29-2023 08:03 PM

The Results are in.....

3 Attachment(s)
OK, For those of you that remember. About 2 years ago (Before I got deported from my home in Thailand for a year because of a COVID paperwork snafu). I installed a few small items onto my 2019 RHD ZL1 at the suggestion of a few here on the forum. One of those items was a Mighty Mouse Catch Can Wild. I installed this can with 7,000Km (about 4,000 Miles). I have since returned to my home after my "Penalty" was paid along with some work time spent travelling. I have driven "Miss America" from time to time. I now have 18,000km or a little over 11,000 miles and I'm preparing to install Jannetty's 125 kit and an interchiller with the spacers (heat is a real issue here in Thailand). So as I promised, I would give a clear eval of how this catch can worked. And just so you all know. I drive the car pretty wild on the street here.... Because this is Thailand, people basically do what they want (People driving the wrong way on the shoulder, 5 lanes of traffic on a 3 lane road, etc...). It's the wild west here....

As you can see in the pics. with 4000 miles even the intake ports were soaked in oil. The entire top of the supercharger was drenched. And much of the bricks were clogged in oil (even though in this pic you can't see it much, but they were loaded with oil). I was shocked at how much oil was being passed into the induction system.

When I took off the top two days ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see almost no oil. Only a tiny drop. and I'm not sure that this drop wasn't from before or because I haven't drained my can in a while and maybe it's getting a little full. The pictures speak for themselves. I'm happy with my MM Wild purchase. I will write MM and tell them the results also. Because I told them if this can didn't get the job done, I'd let everybody know, and if it did, I'd do the same.

The real test..... I'd buy this apparatus again. And thank you to all the forum members that gave me this advice. And also for those members that told me to buy the ZL1 Add-on lift pads. But that's another story for another Post.

2023_ZL1-AUTO 08-29-2023 08:07 PM

Great test and great results ! I wish I could same the same for my situation but I'm in major troubleshooting mode at the moment with my catch can! Enjoy your ride!

ZX-10R 08-30-2023 07:36 PM

These cars all need a catch can installed ASAP. Lots of blowby, which is kind of shocking considering the limited boost pressure (compared to something like a new M3 or RS3)

After seeing many comparisons, I still prefer the Elite E2-X "Ultra" which will fit even though it's a little tight.

https://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-x-catch-cans/

Schlok 09-01-2023 10:06 AM

Glad you're back up and running! Looks good brother.

Mark R 09-01-2023 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm also glad you are up and running again. I missed the deportation post.

I am also a strong advocate for catch cans. I have the EX-2, I believe.

Still waiting for pics of your ZL-1 with a bunch of Thai hotties posed on it though......

And you thought I would forget.

Bangkok_ZL1 09-07-2023 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 11354104)
I'm also glad you are up and running again. I missed the deportation post.

I am also a strong advocate for catch cans. I have the EX-2, I believe.

Still waiting for pics of your ZL-1 with a bunch of Thai hotties posed on it though......

And you thought I would forget.

I have a "girly" bar that just opened about 100 meters from my house. When my car is back up and running, I'll have them on the car. They are pretty fine....

:thumbup:

Mark R 09-07-2023 11:02 AM

I look forward to the pics. :thumbup:

CalgaryZL1 09-07-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 (Post 11356312)
I have a "girly" bar that just opened about 100 meters from my house. When my car is back up and running, I'll have them on the car. They are pretty fine....

:thumbup:

Someone’s gotta live the dream :thumbup:

2023_ZL1-AUTO 09-07-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 11356318)
I look forward to the pics. :thumbup:

:bow: