Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lingenfelter vs. Hennessey (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402170)

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 05:03 PM

Lingenfelter vs. Hennessey

Hey guys. Well i have finally gotten to the point to where i am out of warranty and am ready to seriously mod my '10 2/SS L99:thumbsup:. i have narrowed it down to Lingenfelter Forged 650hp upgrade with the magnuson supercharger or the HPE 650hp upgrade kit....both kits are close in price (Lingenfelter $20,450, HPE $23,350)... also both come with a 3/36k mile warranty. just wanting opinions and maybe some feedback if you have had one of these kits installed or one similar. Thanks guys for the input!

Black Market Racing 03-30-2015 05:06 PM

Not to take away from what you're asking, but have you looked into the Procharger i-1? I am an authorized dealer of lingenfelter as well, so i would be happy to help you out whichever way you decide to go.

camaro2lt 03-30-2015 05:31 PM

I would go with Lingenfelter, I think they have very good and educated employees and state of the art facilities. Plus I think they have a lot more experience with the LS motors. Just my opinion

LS3 Handler 03-30-2015 05:36 PM

I haven't had either. But if i had the money I would go Hennessey

Fireman124 03-30-2015 06:04 PM

I would look into Nickey. They specialize in Camaros. If they are good enough to do the Hot Rod Camaro, they would be worth your time to look into. Also great customer service.

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 8329022)
I would go with Lingenfelter, I think they have very good and educated employees and state of the art facilities. Plus I think they have a lot more experience with the LS motors. Just my opinion

I have looked into the procharger kit and love it. But by the time u buy and install the forged internals, balance blueprint the motor and convert from l99 to ls3 u spend the same if not more and i get a 3/36 warranty with either Lingenfelter or HPE. But bang for the buck bolt on the procharger is definitely the best choice by itself.

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar (Post 8329035)
I haven't had either. But if i had the money I would go Hennessey

Why do u prefer Hennessey?

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 06:20 PM

Sorry i quoted the wrong message. I was talking to black market racing in regards to the procharger i-1

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman124 (Post 8329084)
I would look into Nickey. They specialize in Camaros. If they are good enough to do the Hot Rod Camaro, they would be worth your time to look into. Also great customer service.

Thanks. Ill look them up

BrutalSS 03-30-2015 06:22 PM

I have a Hennessey, they are a professional crew and know their stuff. I'd highly recommend them.

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalSS (Post 8329135)
I have a Hennessey, they are a professional crew and know their stuff. I'd highly recommend them.

Which package did u go with from HPE? How long have u had it? do u have n SSor a ZL1? Is it an every day driver? Sorry about all the questions, ive been wanting to talk with someone who has had work done by them. Thanks for the input:thumbup:

mlee 03-30-2015 07:39 PM

Don't mod your car and worry about having a warranty... That 3/yr 36000 has got a lot of stipulations that come with it and you won't be doing any additional mods to your car without blowing that warranty. If you want a warranty don't mod.

Both shops you're looking at are two of the very best when it comes to the Camaro, but assuming your from Orlando they are a long ways from you and all you are doing is paying double for the exact same parts you can get right there in FL.

You have one of the very best LS shops in the nation in Bradenton FL. Give Matt a call at Florida Speed and Power and you won't be disappointed. They are sponsors here as well and if you ever do need anything else they are right in your backyard.

OrlandoSS 03-30-2015 07:48 PM

Thanks for the input mlee. I was going with the thought of, do it right, so i wouldnt have to mod it again to keep the warranty intact Since they are in essence building a new motor with all Forged parts. Im going to check out florida speed and power as well. Thanks again!:)

BrutalSS 03-30-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrlandoSS (Post 8329267)
Which package did u go with from HPE? How long have u had it? do u have n SSor a ZL1? Is it an every day driver? Sorry about all the questions, ive been wanting to talk with someone who has had work done by them. Thanks for the input:thumbup:

I have a HPE 600 package with some add ons. I have a 2010 2SS/RS L99.