Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Spoiler: Dealer install? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360953)

Rirenterc7 05-28-2014 11:12 PM

Spoiler: Dealer install?

My car came in today, but can't pick her up till tomorrow :cry: due to spoiler having to be installed by dealer. Is this the case for everybody that ordered the z51 spoiler option? Or is my car just special.

Glen e 05-28-2014 11:53 PM

If your car is a bAse car and then you optioned the spoiler, yes, it is deler installed.

NC C7 05-29-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 7702188)
If your car is a bAse car and then you optioned the spoiler, yes, it is deler installed.

Will there be a dealer charge for installing the spoiler or will it be covered in the original cost of the spoiler (530.00) thanks

purpleRac3r 05-29-2014 11:01 PM

There should not be. Its part the option's price when ordered with the car. Same goes for items like the Stingray sill plates and Stingray wheel center caps. They should only charge installation if you order these parts later from the parts department.

msaldivar 06-02-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleRac3r (Post 7704842)
There should not be. Its part the option's price when ordered with the car. Same goes for items like the Stingray sill plates and Stingray wheel center caps. They should only charge installation if you order these parts later from the parts department.

What if a courtesy delivery dealer install the options?

Glen e 06-02-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msaldivar (Post 7713512)
What if a courtesy delivery dealer install the options?

then they would get the install credit from GM...by submitting a warranty claim with your VIN

Rirenterc7 06-02-2014 10:25 PM

I ordered the Z51 Style spoiler with my lt1... The dealer did not charge me installation... They told me the Factory paid for the installation...

purpleRac3r 06-05-2014 09:20 AM

Msaldiver, delivering dealer makes no difference. If you ordered the spoiler, Stingray sill plates or center caps, or any of the LPO items as an option on the car, installation is part of the purchase price. You should NOT be charged and installation fee.

If you purchase any of those LPO items later over the parts counter, installation is not included, and you either put them on yourself or pay someone to do it.

I-VETTE 08-29-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleRac3r (Post 7720386)
Msaldiver, delivering dealer makes no difference. If you ordered the spoiler, Stingray sill plates or center caps, or any of the LPO items as an option on the car, installation is part of the purchase price. You should NOT be charged and installation fee.

If you purchase any of those LPO items later over the parts counter, installation is not included, and you either put them on yourself or pay someone to do it.

By any chance do you know were to obtain the instruction of installation for the spoiler? I bought one but no instructions were included :mad0260:

purpleRac3r 08-29-2014 09:06 PM

Hmm, there should have been instructions and a template with the spoiler. There are several mounting holes that need to be drilled in the top of the rear fascia. And the fascia needs to be removed for access to install the nuts on the mounting studs. You might see if you can get a copy from your dealer. Or even have them install it for you. I understand the fascia mounting clips are prone to breaking during removal. If the dealer does it, such things are on their dime.