Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   skip shift eliminators? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334292)

panerainovice 12-26-2013 04:44 PM

skip shift eliminators?

Has only installed or know of any good skip shift eliminators for the Stingray? I haven't received my Stingray yet but would imagine it to be quite annoying.

Piccione Performance 12-26-2013 05:35 PM

If your planning on tuning it, it can be turned off with the tuning software used, HP Tuners.

Silversled 12-26-2013 05:55 PM

The CAGS is insanely annoying.

I'm new to this forum and aren't sure if I can mention a vendor but I've seen at least one who is advertising a plug in CAGS eliminator like on the C6. I'm about ready to give it a try. PM me and I'll provide the name.

Barring a plug solution, it can be tuned out as mentioned.

1stcorvette 12-27-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silversled (Post 7287991)
The CAGS is insanely annoying.

I'm new to this forum and aren't sure if I can mention a vendor but I've seen at least one who is advertising a plug in CAGS eliminator like on the C6. I'm about ready to give it a try. PM me and I'll provide the name.

Barring a plug solution, it can be tuned out as mentioned.

I'm new to the forum lingo what is CAGS?:confused:

Apex Motorsports 12-27-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stcorvette (Post 7288887)
I'm new to the forum lingo what is CAGS?:confused:

CAGS, or Computer-Aided Gear Selection (commonly referred to as "Skip Shift"), is a feature on newer domestic performance vehicles equipped with a manual transmission. The purpose of CAGS is to help avoid the “gas guzzler” tax by improving fuel economy under “normal” driving conditions. CAGS is activated in most GM vehicles when:
  • you are in first gear
  • you are using 21% throttle or less
  • you are traveling between 15 & 19 mph
  • and your engine coolant temperature is greater than 169°F (76°C)
When these parameters are met, CAGS overrides the driver and locks out 2nd and 3rd gear, forcing the driver to shift directly from 1st to 4th gear. For many drivers this factory installed nuisance is unacceptable. After all, if they wanted a computer to decide what gear they should be in they would have bought an automatic. For those extensively modifying their vehicle, CAGS can be “turned off” with a performance tuner. For the average bolt on car or for those who wish to keep their warranty intact the safest and most economical way to eliminate CAGS is by installing a high quality Skip Shift Eliminator. These units actually trick the computer into thinking it’s still in control but will not allow CAGS to activate and will not trigger trouble codes or the CEL light.

A quality Skip Shift Eliminator, like the one manufactured by Apex Motorsports :biggrin:, uses OEM weather-proof plugs and is installed in minutes by simply lifting your vehicle, unplugging the CAGS wiring harness from its solenoid, and plugging the Skip Shift Eliminator inline between the harness and solenoid. Just like that, CAGS is gone.

vettefan 12-27-2013 07:37 AM

Or just give it a little more gas and wait until 20+ mph to shift into 2nd gear......

Ka Razy 12-27-2013 07:44 AM

:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefan (Post 7289038)
Or just give it a little more gas and wait until 20+ mph to shift into 2nd gear......

Silversled 12-27-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefan (Post 7289038)

True for 90% of the time but when the wife is in the car casually driving around or when in close quarters stop and go traffic, it may not be desirable or practical.

I just hate the frickin' thing.

Ka Razy 12-27-2013 11:19 AM

It is quite lame... :thumbdown: My Vette is sitting at statue 3400 still. If you install this eliminator please let me know your results / opinion. I'll most likely follow your lead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silversled (Post 7289054)
True for 90% of the time but when the wife is in the car casually driving around or when in close quarters stop and go traffic, it may not be desirable or practical.

I just hate the frickin' thing.

Pete43 12-30-2013 01:41 PM

skip shift eliminator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 7296409)
We already have our skip shift eliminators in several C7s. They work just as they should.

I just ordered one for my C7. The free shipping was nice!:thumbsup:

panerainovice 12-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

We already have our skip shift eliminators in several C7s. They work just as they should.

I didn't see the product on your website. By the way, the models on your website are smoking! :confused0068:

gthal 12-30-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Are there install videos?

Does it mess up the rev match feature on the C7?

How does one place an order? :thumb:

Emmdmd 12-30-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Can't find it on your website, no results found if searched or under the C7 Stingray tab.

Pete43 12-31-2013 01:25 AM

http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html
They were very helpful in returning my emails about their skip shift eliminator.