Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Question about rev match "button" (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316901)

mikeSS 09-07-2013 10:51 AM

Question about rev match "button"

I truly think this vette is a complete winner after watching reviews. I will be looking into the C7 Z06 when it comes out without a doubt. I like everything about the car, but really hate one thing.

why did GM make the paddle shift button to activate the rev matching system on the manuals? With a manual its very odd to also have paddle shifters sitting on the steering wheel. even on a motor trend review, he found it a be odd. although everything else in the car was great.

I feel a simply button would have been a better option. not a huge problem, but i am just wondering why GM would do it. I don't like it.

FenwickHockey65 09-07-2013 10:54 AM

Probably because there was already paddles for the automatic on the steering wheel.

Ka Razy 09-07-2013 01:33 PM

I'm not a big fan of the placement either. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 6982231)
I truly think this vette is a complete winner after watching reviews. I will be looking into the C7 Z06 when it comes out without a doubt. I like everything about the car, but really hate one thing.

why did GM make the paddle shift button to activate the rev matching system on the manuals? With a manual its very odd to also have paddle shifters sitting on the steering wheel. even on a motor trend review, he found it a be odd. although everything else in the car was great.

I feel a simply button would have been a better option. not a huge problem, but i am just wondering why GM would do it. I don't like it.

ec1990 09-07-2013 03:02 PM

The rev match button is to disable it. And I think you can customize it in the menus to turn it on or off permanently.

TheCaptain 09-07-2013 05:53 PM

Yea, but he doesn't want paddles on his steering wheel of a manual trans car.

DevonK 09-08-2013 02:03 AM

Obviously a money saving move - only one wheel configuration needed, changing the software is a lot less expensive than changing the hardware. My guess is that they will get rid of this "feature" somewhere down the road as more people complain about it.

volsfan0911 09-12-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevonK (Post 6984153)
Obviously a money saving move - only one wheel configuration needed, changing the software is a lot less expensive than changing the hardware. My guess is that they will get rid of this "feature" somewhere down the road as more people complain about it.

This! It could have been easily been put elsewhere either in a menu selection or an actual hard button.

FenwickHockey65 09-12-2013 08:39 AM

Does it really matter?

Tony Alonso 09-14-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6996055)
Does it really matter?

Ergonomically, it does look a little unusual because the shape of these and their location immediately suggest 'transmission control' rather than 'feature control'.

It's a small touch, but those small touches do matter in some cases. I certainly understand the manufacturing and cost reason for them, of course.