Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (http://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (http://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Separate Clutch Reservoir (http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280199)

ec1990 01-22-2013 01:16 PM

Separate Clutch Reservoir
 
2 Attachment(s)
Found this picture

Attachment 399

Looks like it may have it's own separate clutch reservoir?

malave7567 01-22-2013 03:02 PM

seems like it from that picture, which is great. No more needing to install one right after buying a performance car that should have had it to begin with. (still need to actually put one on my Camaro)

GaBoy25 01-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malave7567 (Post 3096)
seems like it from that picture, which is great. No more needing to install one right after buying a performance car that should have had it to begin with. (still need to actually put one on my Camaro)

:sad: I agree

Vette TPI 01-22-2013 09:54 PM

Have all of GM's sport cars been like this?! :confused:

ec1990 01-22-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette LM7 (Post 3344)
Have all of GM's sport cars been like this?! :confused:

I think the C5 and C6, GTO had a shared clutch/brake reservoir, the Camaro has it too.

I don't know of any cars that have had separate ones.

Vette TPI 01-22-2013 09:59 PM

That seems :der: IMO

ec1990 01-22-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette LM7 (Post 3352)
That seems :der: IMO

Money talks, saving $20 each over a million cars goes a long way.

Vette TPI 01-22-2013 10:10 PM

Is there any huge cons leaving it stock but changing the fluid when recommended?

ec1990 01-22-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette LM7 (Post 3362)
Is there any huge cons leaving it stock but changing the fluid when recommended?

From what I've read no, most people do it precautionary or to try and alleviate any rough shifting. The Tremec 6060 in the Camaro is pretty notchy on the 1-2 shift so putting in a dedicated clutch fluid can help a bit. I follow the whole if it's not broken don't fix it for the most part and I haven't done it on my Camaro and don't plan on it.

Vette TPI 01-22-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 3364)
From what I've read no, most people do it precautionary or to try and alleviate any rough shifting. The Tremec 6060 in the Camaro is pretty notchy on the 1-2 shift so putting in a dedicated clutch fluid can help a bit. I follow the whole if it's not broken don't fix it for the most part and I haven't done it on my Camaro and don't plan on it.

Just curious do you do any hard driving on your car? Common racing or race type use, that would persuade you to do two reservoir's?

tramtwo 01-22-2013 11:17 PM

Well the subject is covered in depth by Ranger.

ec1990 01-23-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette LM7 (Post 3372)
Just curious do you do any hard driving on your car? Common racing or race type use, that would persuade you to do two reservoir's?

Not yet, it was my first manual so before jumping into that I want to make sure I'm completely confident in shifting. When I do if I notice a difference it may be something I do. I do drive spiritedly though, and that's all I'll admit to haha.

Vette TPI 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 3384)
Well the subject is covered in depth by Ranger.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 3415)
Not yet, it was my first manual so before jumping into that I want to make sure I'm completely confident in shifting. When I do if I notice a difference it may be something I do. I do drive spiritedly though, and that's all I'll admit to haha.

haha I meant legally ;)

ec1990 01-23-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette LM7 (Post 3622)
Thank you!



haha I meant legally ;)

Haha, not yet. I'm looking to getting into autocross when I feel ready or jumping into the deep end. First manual so in between if I'm comfortable enough to push it to the limits. Definitely at some point in the future though.

Vette TPI 01-23-2013 10:05 PM

Sounds like a great plan :) Good luck to you


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.