Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just created a new car guy. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255503)

GMTool 10-14-2012 12:46 PM

Just created a new car guy.

Well I had some company this weekend, and gave my brother inlaw a ride in the Camaro, and then gave two of my nephews and a niece a ride. They all had fun and loved the sound and acceleration of the car. But yesterday another nephew of mine who was not there the day before came to the house. He is a 9 year old who loves Camaro's. When I opened the garage door and he saw the car, he was in dream land. When I asked him, "do you want to go for a ride" his face became real excited. He had already heard from my other nephew's about their ride the day before. So he said to me, "I don't want to go real fast or anything". I said, "Na, Don't worry about that, I'll take it easy". I told him to come over here behind the car and listen to it when I start it. I used the remote start, when the car is cold, it really roars on startup. His eyes and smile got big. We got in and went down the road about 8 miles, rode easy while the car was warming up. Stopped at a shell station and filled up with 93 oct. gas. Then on the way back, he was ready. I gave him a few good experiences of launching the camaro from a stop. Between the acceleration and the roaring exhaust. He just kept repeating how cool this is. I remember when I was about his age and my grandpa gave me a ride in his 69 el camino. I think that ride was what turned me into a car guy. And I think yesterday when I gave my nephew that ride. I just created another car guy.:chevy:

oldfriend 10-14-2012 12:56 PM

Now , from today on make yourself a favor and just hide the keys .

black12lt 10-14-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 5692660)
Now , from today on make yourself a favor and just hide the keys .

:D funny
But great story, now he just needs his first driving lesson

2xSSRS 10-14-2012 04:45 PM

:w00t:

flyinlow89 10-14-2012 04:57 PM

I always liked cars but when I was 15 I was all about racing motocross. Already had an f150 ready for when I could get my license. WeLlnthen my brother bought a '93 6 speed vette. He took me for a good run and I swear I couldn't stop smiling. The truck and one of my bikes went for sale and I bought a GTA

GMTool 10-14-2012 05:09 PM

My sister lives up by Chicago and I live down by St louis. She just called to tell me they made it home. She said my nephew can't stop talking about his Camaro ride. I bet he will have something to talk about at school tomorrow.

Apex Motorsports 10-14-2012 05:10 PM

Great story. I had a similar experience with my daughter earlier this year. My son should be ready in a few more years.

Hitman84 10-14-2012 05:15 PM

This was fun to read on a personal level.
Mainly because, I really don't consider myself a "car guy."
Yet here I am on a car forum for a car I don't own yet, saving every penny I can scrounge together for a down payment to make the payments affordable. Reading through journals and DiY to know what I want to do to my car.
I know very little about engines and how they work.
All I know is what cars I think are cool looking and can't wait until the day I order my C5 in early 2013

TurboSS_ 10-14-2012 06:20 PM

this is great

2010 SSRS 10-14-2012 06:32 PM

the more Camaro lovers the better.