Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   NEW MEMBER (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111944)

Shadowshawn 10-20-2010 11:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
hey guys Im a new member here just signed up today!

Anyway before I start posting and joining the rest of the camaro fans here Id figure Id tell you guys about myself.

I just turned 17 a couple months ago and I had my license but no car. I would walk to school everyday and everyday I walked to school Id walk by a gas station and I would always see a RJT 2SS/RS camaro standing there. I would always find myself stopping and taking a look at it and admiring it. After a month or so of this cycle going on I decided to sav eup th emoney form my part time job along witht he money I already had saved and buy a used SS since I couldn't afford a new one. My dad's friend had bought a new 2SS/RS summit white camaro but could never drive it since he was in the military.
When he found out I was looking for one he said he'd sell me his and at a reasonable price since Im the son of his friend! I bought his camaro off him for 30 grand. I had 15 k saved up from a year and half of workin and my dad pitched in for half. After receiving the camaro I found that the camaro only had 188 miles on it! I couldn't believe it. But that was months ago now after driving it like crazy I have about 1500 miles on her. But I love her almost as much as I love my gf so I named her after my gf Michelle(sorry if any of you guys think its cheesy). But yea there ya go. And anyway enough of my story I'll give you guys what you really care about. THE PICS.(btw all these pics are from the day I got her sorry no recent pics yet)

panther2469 10-20-2010 11:49 PM

welcome

Silver2SSRS6spd 10-20-2010 11:53 PM

Welcome and nice car. Remember to respect the power of the SS. You got a great deal and your father has a great friend.

c-dub 10-21-2010 12:14 AM

omg the hate....i hate you so bad! haha what a great deal kid! welcome!

Synerbee 10-21-2010 12:17 AM

Congrats you seem like you deserve it. stop posting pictures of white Camaros I keep liking more and more :wub:

off topic: I need help finding reasons why I should get a manual I been wanting a manual but it not the best idea where I live for a first car. My parents argument is I live on a hill and bought 1/2 of the area I drive will be hills.

just wait some troll gonna be a beotch about your parents helping you pay for your car

Caspers2SSRS 10-21-2010 04:58 AM

Congrats on the fantastic deal and becoming a owner, welcome aboard the Gen5 soul train.

Hemlawk 10-21-2010 05:18 AM

Congratz!

Saved 15k at your age? wooh!!!! Good job man.

Just PLEASE be safe! This car is a beaSSt!

FB3 10-21-2010 06:34 AM

Welcome to the forum! Great deal on that car. Hope that you enjoy it for a long time.

Also, good job saving to obtain a goal. Best of luck.

BAD DAB 10-21-2010 06:44 AM

:w00t:Those are the kind of stories that need to be made public. A young kid saving money, and his Dad meeting him half way. (Good Job) Welcome to the site, be safe and enjoy your ride.

orange10s.c. 10-21-2010 06:54 AM

Congrats and welcome !!!

RSokie 10-21-2010 07:36 AM

Nice ride....welcome brother

c5garage 10-21-2010 07:45 AM

WELCOME TO THE C5 FAMILY!!!

YOUR CAMARO LOOKS GREAT!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dcamaroguy 10-21-2010 07:46 AM

Welcome. Great to hear someone saving up for what they really want. Paying for it yourself makes owning the car a little sweeter. Congrats and be safe.

SwedeandBlondie 10-21-2010 07:47 AM

Congrats! Hopefully you saved up for your insurance too :laugh:

Enjoy your car!:headbang: