Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HELP! Which look is considered more "Badass" ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328581)

Toby 11-17-2013 12:51 PM

HELP! Which look is considered more "Badass" ?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. As a new member, I need your help as a brother.

After 5 days, I'm gonna purchase the 2014 Camaro LS (Manual Trans.), But I'm not sure which color should I pick. I'll either choose:

1) Red Camaro with Black rims
2) Black Camaro with Black rims

So which of those styles do you think looks better, although I know they both look great.

Attachment 575872

Attachment 575873

Anyway, I would love to read your feedback guys, and would be thankful for any advice. Thank You! :D

AdamEL 11-17-2013 12:53 PM

My two favorite Camaro colors! You can't go wrong with either. If you're keeping the LS wheels, the black looks a little better with them, in my opinion. But Victory Red is my favorite color out of every Camaro color... So there's that. You'll love it no matter which you choose. Just remember, black is really hard to keep clean.

Scooter11 11-17-2013 12:54 PM

Never was a huge fan of black Camaros, so I'd go with the red. However, keep in mind that the pictures you posted look nothing like a 2014 LS. That's a ZL1, and SS (without a mail slot?) you've got there... you gotta see them in person and decide for yourself, after all your'e the one living with it in the end, not me. To each his own... Good luck with the purchase!

AG1LE 11-17-2013 12:58 PM

You can't go wrong either way. I like the darker metallic red with blackout wheels, badges, and tinted windows (as you can see from the picture of mine). I also really like black on black (especially the 1LE look).

Congrats in advance!

jd10013 11-17-2013 12:59 PM

the color of the wheels probably doesn't matter as the LS comes with black steelies, which I'm sure you'll change. so basically, it comes down to weather you want a red or black car. IMO, black is simply the best color on this kind of car. but if there were a close runner up, it would be red. the downside with black though, is the cleaning. I happen to own a red car and a black car, and as far as care and looks go the red is much better. blemishes in the paint, and swirl marks hardly show.

NJBourne23 11-17-2013 01:15 PM

Black on Black

Apex Motorsports 11-17-2013 01:16 PM

I love black, BUT, I have no plans to ever buy another one. They look great but are a pain to keep clean. And then there are the swirl marks. :facepalm:

PalmerGA 11-17-2013 01:18 PM

Silve Ice Metallic! (Sorry... couldn't resist)

LIM3 11-17-2013 01:19 PM

Red on black. Attention grabber and the simplicity of cleaning.

pocketcthulhu 11-17-2013 01:26 PM

no question Black, But keep in mind a darker paint job requires a bit more time and energy to keep in pristine condition as Everything shows up. I loved my black roadster.

SIM2LS13 11-17-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 7193760)
Silve Ice Metallic! (Sorry... couldn't resist)

LOL I agree on this color choice! :headbang:

JTruck 11-17-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd10013 (Post 7193720)
the color of the wheels probably doesn't matter as the LS comes with black steelies, which I'm sure you'll change. so basically, it comes down to weather you want a red or black car. IMO, black is simply the best color on this kind of car. but if there were a close runner up, it would be red. the downside with black though, is the cleaning. I happen to own a red car and a black car, and as far as care and looks go the red is much better. blemishes in the paint, and swirl marks hardly show.

They changed the wheels for the 2014 LS, no more black steels.

I think both of the colors look badass. Just remember the pictures you are looking at are far from what your LS will look like. No hood vent, fog lights, etc.

I suggest using the build feature on chevy's site and that will give you a better idea.

Either way, I wish I could relive the feeling you are having right now time after time, getting to pick colors and options for what was for me, my dream car is incredible. Take it all in! It just gets better once you have the keys ;)

KMPrenger 11-17-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter11 (Post 7193709)
Never was a huge fan of black Camaros, so I'd go with the red. However, keep in mind that the pictures you posted look nothing like a 2014 LS. That's a ZL1, and SS (without a mail slot?) you've got there... you gotta see them in person and decide for yourself, after all your'e the one living with it in the end, not me. To each his own... Good luck with the purchase!

Its actually a V6 with the GM GFX kit and 21" wheels...but who's checking??? :D