CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   getting a car out of state?? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516383)

RobertAvitia 12-18-2017 01:01 AM

getting a car out of state??

whats the process of getting a car out of state.?? I live in California and can't find a 1le in the color I want in my state but there in many out of state. how would I go about purchasing that car? is there any added fees to the purchase?

warren3537 12-18-2017 05:23 AM

I live in Louisiana and bought my 17 1SS in Houston, the dealership goes by the tax rates in your state, it doesn't matter if you live in California and find what you are looking for, lets say is in North Carolina, the only added fee is what's it going to cost you to get it home, they would handle all the paper work to include registration and you can probably get your car cheaper out of state anyway.

01pewterz28 12-18-2017 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertAvitia (Post 10013654)
whats the process of getting a car out of state.?? I live in California and can't find a 1le in the color I want in my state but there in many out of state. how would I go about purchasing that car? is there any added fees to the purchase?

I suggest dealing with a sales person that knows the process. I purchased mine from BeckyD @ James Martin Chevrolet. She sells to customers out of state all the time she knows the process very well. I suggest contacting her she can ship the car to you or you can fly in and drive home with it.

I flew up to Detroit took delivery of my 17 SS Convertible and drove home to Orlando, FL the same day, total of 19 hours and 1152 miles.

By far the best purchase experience I have ever had.

My review this was when Becky was @ Rodgers Chevrolet.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491968

laborsmith 12-18-2017 02:56 PM

Contact BeckyD. She will knowledgeably answer your questions even if you end up buying elsewhere. I have yet to meet a sales person who knows more about Chevy performance vehicles than she and I am on my fifth Camaro. And none have made the purchasing experience as smooth as she does.

Laborsmith

JeromeS13 12-18-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 10014361)
Contact BeckyD. She will knowledgeably answer your questions even if you end up buying elsewhere. I have yet to meet a sales person who knows more about Chevy performance vehicles than she and I am on my fifth Camaro. And none have made the purchasing experience as smooth as she does.

Laborsmith

+1 for BeckyD. I bought mine through her and she arranged delivery and everything.

LuvMI 12-18-2017 05:09 PM

My previous salesman from my local dealer found my 2LT one state away and they negotiated to get it on their lot once I signed the deal. They went and got it for me the next couple of days after a snow storm. They even sent me home with another Camaro until mine arrived.

RobertAvitia 12-18-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeromeS13 (Post 10014403)
+1 for BeckyD. I bought mine through her and she arranged delivery and everything.

will do guys! thanks!

MoreSpeed 12-18-2017 09:28 PM

Buying out of state is a very simple process which I did with my ZL1 and a number of cars before.

You make your best deal. Then they either process with your states sales tax or without sales tax. If the process without, you have to go to your local town taxing authority and pay the sales tax, before you go to your DMV to register.

You make arrangements with your insurance same as you would buying local. If you are shipping the car, you don't have to do much else.

If you are driving it away, you may have to pay a small fee for temporary plates in the state you are buying the car.

The whole process takes not much more time than buying local.

brettman 12-19-2017 06:38 AM

I was going to order my SS, but the dealer found one out of state.
It was in Tenn, I live in Ohio. So I was told they would "SHIP" it up.
They "Drove up" over 300 miles. Find out "HOW" they are getting to you.

RobertAvitia 12-21-2017 08:09 PM

Would a trade in make it more difficult??

LuvMI 12-23-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettman (Post 10015094)
I was going to order my SS, but the dealer found one out of state.
It was in Tenn, I live in Ohio. So I was told they would "SHIP" it up.
They "Drove up" over 300 miles. Find out "HOW" they are getting to you.

I too had that little surprise thrust on me. Oh, sure, it was only a couple hundred miles when all said and done, no issues as a result, but it still stayed on my mind long after I put a few thousand miles on it.

brettman 12-24-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMI (Post 10020344)
I too had that little surprise thrust on me. Oh, sure, it was only a couple hundred miles when all said and done, no issues as a result, but it still stayed on my mind long after I put a few thousand miles on it.

"ONLY" a couple hundred miles??...lol. How was it driven? New Car on the freeway? Great break-in procedure...lol. Like you, it took me awhile to "get over it". Then I found stone chips on the front end, and scratches cause they hand washed it. It was a learning experience.

LuvMI 12-29-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettman (Post 10020850)
"ONLY" a couple hundred miles??...lol. How was it driven? New Car on the freeway? Great break-in procedure...lol. Like you, it took me awhile to "get over it". Then I found stone chips on the front end, and scratches cause they hand washed it. It was a learning experience.

+ 10.