Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Intro Lounge (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Chevrolet Customer Care! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300498)

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 09:57 AM

Chevrolet Customer Care!

Hello C7 and Corvette Enthusiasts!

My name is Kelly and along with Marissa we will be your Chevrolet Customer Care Representatives for the Corvette 7 forum. Please reach out to us with any question you have. We are more than happy to help in any way we can! Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical advice or provide help with any DIY projects. We can help with warranty questions, locate your vehicle and check on your order status while you anticipate the arrival of your new family member. We are Corvette enthusiasts ourselves and are just as excited for the roll out of the new C7! Thank you in advance for welcoming us to your community.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lawdogg149 06-07-2013 10:27 AM

Perfect. Kelly could you describe the details of how a preorder for the 2014 corvette is handled. I have spoken with several dealerships that have given so much false info. First off when the dealer accepts the deposit do they not suppose to imput the order into the workbench and generate a order number. My dealer for instance took my deposit told me I was number 29 and never issued me a order number. Rick Hendrick Chevrolet surely has enough allotments to fill 29 orders. But salesman says the consense is next week in which he will know more. I have knowledge of the older system of order since ordered (2010 camaro, 2012 Z06, and 2011 ZR1) on all three I was issued a GM order number. Guess the biggest issue is can a dealer take a preorder deposit on a allotment that they dont have. Thats my biggest fear of waiting for a order that wont ever happen for a long time. thanks for your help

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 11:06 AM

Hi lawdogg,

Thank you for reaching out! The pre-order is different at each dealership. I made a call to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet to see how they are handling their orders. Good news is you are in the right spot! They have 34 allocated in the first wave. They will get their actual order number next month and will be getting those to the customers who have put down a deposit. Unfortunately you have the daunting task of sitting and waiting; but just think how beautiful she will look when you get her home!

Keep me posted when you do get your order number!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Rayo 06-07-2013 12:58 PM

Hello There, :)

Same situation here as Lawdogg, but they did give me an order number (RBSDWP, by the way) but my dealer (located at S.Antonio,TX -Freedom Chevrolet) told me I am #9 on their list but they have no further info. Its not a big dealer I think since when I put my order I only saw like 6 vettes for sale.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers

fjvette 06-07-2013 01:16 PM

Hello Kelly, thanks for the help.

Would you be able to retrieve current status for order RBFD1S ?

Thanks.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 01:26 PM

Hey Rayo,

First off nice picture of your Toys! I expect an updated photo with the C7 :) You're order has been accepted! Status: 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted on 5/20/13

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 01:35 PM

Hey fyvette,

Of course! Your order status is 2000 Accepted by GM as of 6/7/13. Keep checking back for updates. Have a great day,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lawdogg149 06-07-2013 01:36 PM

So Kelly what seems to trigger the order number. I even have a friend that placed 14 preorders with all different dealerships and he received a order number for each. Im just confused that everyone that has placed a deposit has received the order number except me. I understand I must wait and that Im number 29 out of 34.

fjvette 06-07-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks Kelly J.

Rayo 06-07-2013 02:16 PM

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Sure I will, just hope I don't to wait too long :pout:

Thanks for the info, hopefully my order will move soon. What would be the next step for my order? Dont know for sure if it depends on the dealer or its up to GM?

Thanks for your time Kelly.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6641795)
Hey Rayo,

First off nice picture of your Toys! I expect an updated photo with the C7 :) You're order has been accepted! Status: 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted on 5/20/13

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-09-2013 07:48 PM

Hey Kelly,

When you aren't too busy, could you check on mine? RCDCTT

Thanks

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 09:56 AM

Hi asptroopa1,

You are 3000 - Accepted by Production Control at this time. :)

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

dvdhotboy 06-10-2013 09:59 AM

hey kelly,

can you check mine also? rbgz61

thanks

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawdogg149 (Post 6641847)
So Kelly what seems to trigger the order number. I even have a friend that placed 14 preorders with all different dealerships and he received a order number for each. Im just confused that everyone that has placed a deposit has received the order number except me. I understand I must wait and that Im number 29 out of 34.

Hi lawdogg,

Sorry for the delay. There are a lot of factors that go into allocations and order numbers. Allocations were handed out to each specific dealership based on multiple factors. It could be the dealer knows their future allocation, but it's not yet able to place in the system and they are entering the orders in the system as allocation becomes available.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdhotboy (Post 6652082)
hey kelly,

can you check mine also? rbgz61

thanks

Hi dvdhotboy,

Your order is at 1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted. :thumb:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayo (Post 6642008)
Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Sure I will, just hope I don't to wait too long :pout:

Thanks for the info, hopefully my order will move soon. What would be the next step for my order? Dont know for sure if it depends on the dealer or its up to GM?

Thanks for your time Kelly.
Cheers

Hey Rayo,

I don't want you to wait long either! The next step for you would be 2000- Order Added. Meaning it has passed approval and will be produced. That step works with 3000- Accepted by Production Control. Meaning order has been accepted at the plant.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

illiceman 06-10-2013 10:44 AM

Well I need for GM to allocate sometime in I hope the near future a order for my C-7.I don,t expect to be first.I would like to be soon.This will be my 14th.new vette.I have been able to buy all local.
I have been proud to have over 150 new general motors products in my businesses over my 70 years.
I really feel GM could let smaller dealers have 1 to 2 cars of production per day with out hurting allocation for the top or larger dealers. Thanks Jim

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 10:52 AM

Thank you illiceman for your feedback, I agree with buying local. Also thank you for being a loyal GM Customer! I have documented your input and will be sharing your feedback! Thanks again,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

illiceman 06-10-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6652271)
Thank you illiceman for your feedback, I agree with buying local. Also thank you for being a loyal GM Customer! I have documented your input and will be sharing your feedback! Thanks again,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks.I know this is a C 7 forum but I also have a new 2014 Silverado on order.:offtopic::drool::drool:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illiceman (Post 6652414)
Thanks.I know this is a C 7 forum but I also have a new 2014 Silverado on order.:offtopic::drool::drool:

I love the new Silverado! Good choice!

I'm off topic too! :sorry:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-10-2013 12:34 PM

Thanks so much Kelly......you made a state trooper happy today! I hope yours is great too-

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 6652703)
Thanks so much Kelly......you made a state trooper happy today! I hope yours is great too-

Not a problem asptroopa!

Hopefully when I get pulled over in a C7 you will remember me :thumbsup:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

BRCC 06-10-2013 02:16 PM

Kelly:

A few people I know including my self were given status 3300 TPWs last week, then magically we were reverted back to 3000 no TPW. Is there a reason they did that or did they just get ahead of their selfs. FYI we obtained the TPW info via the Chat section of the Chevrolet Order Tracking site, the first person sent us on to a Customer Service chat link.

Just wonder if there is any real information on when they will actually start on production cars, first week dates have been floating around but no factual information.

Thanks

Rayo 06-11-2013 11:54 AM

Thank you Kelly,

So its up to the dealer now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6652144)
Hey Rayo,

I don't want you to wait long either! The next step for you would be 2000- Order Added. Meaning it has passed approval and will be produced. That step works with 3000- Accepted by Production Control. Meaning order has been accepted at the plant.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-11-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRCC (Post 6653100)
Kelly:

A few people I know including my self were given status 3300 TPWs last week, then magically we were reverted back to 3000 no TPW. Is there a reason they did that or did they just get ahead of their selfs. FYI we obtained the TPW info via the Chat section of the Chevrolet Order Tracking site, the first person sent us on to a Customer Service chat link.

Just wonder if there is any real information on when they will actually start on production cars, first week dates have been floating around but no factual information.

Thanks

Hi BRCC,

I found some information concerning your status. When a status is given of 3300 or 3000 at TPW can be provided to a customer. This means that the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is in line waiting to move towards production at the plant. This however can take time and is subject to change and does not mean that the Corvette is being built at this time.

Start of production is listed during Q3, unfortunately at this time I cannot be more specific.

I hope this clarifies some things :biggrin:

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-11-2013 12:28 PM

Hey Rayo,

The dealership has submitted your order and GM has to approve it. The dealership has done their part at this point. GM will approve the order then move forward to production.

I cannot wait to see all the C7's on the road and at car shows!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Rayo 06-12-2013 03:52 PM

Hello Kelly,

Can you please look up RBSDWP.

Thanks again.:D

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayo (Post 6662141)
Hello Kelly,

Can you please look up RBSDWP.

Thanks again.:D

Hey Rayo,

You are still at 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted :brokenheart:

We will get you there soon!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-13-2013 10:56 AM

Hey Kelly....if Thursday or Friday isn't too busy can you see if RCDCTT has jumped off the 3000 square? I'm making my prediction .......lets see how close I'll get.......it will be delivered to the dealership August 28th....

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 6665557)
Hey Kelly....if Thursday or Friday isn't too busy can you see if RCDCTT has jumped off the 3000 square? I'm making my prediction .......lets see how close I'll get.......it will be delivered to the dealership August 28th....

Hey astroopa1,

I will keep my fingers crossed for August 28th! :headbang:

You are still at 3000 today. Remind me and I will check again on Monday when I am back in the office. Have a great weekend,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

DallasMike 06-14-2013 03:00 PM

Can you check QZQQ23.

Thanks Kelly.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-14-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasMike (Post 6670741)
Can you check QZQQ23.

Thanks Kelly.

Hi Mike,

You are at 3000! :thumbup:

Hope this brightens up your weekend.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-14-2013 05:48 PM

Kelly....no need on checking Monday......I'll wait till the end of the week or something- you gals have more to do that just keep checking on my order......THANKS !!!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRWHOOPPEE (Post 6678811)
I'd like to know when some will be in the Northern Ca. dealers so I can decide which type of seat I want.
Thanks

Hi MrWhooppee,

I am unable to give you a firm date on that unfortunately. :faint:I will have a better idea later in the summer. Keep checking back with me and I will let you know what I know.

Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-17-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 6671312)
Kelly....no need on checking Monday......I'll wait till the end of the week or something- you gals have more to do that just keep checking on my order......THANKS !!!

Okay sounds like a plan!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Rayo 06-17-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6665139)
Hey Rayo,

You are still at 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted :brokenheart:

We will get you there soon!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you very much for your time Kelly :emoticon5:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-18-2013 01:14 PM

You're all very welcome! I am so happy I can help be a part of this process for you.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-19-2013 09:05 PM

Look what I found Kelly and some o her friends up in Grand Rapids in two blue and one black vette........Kelly invite some of us to cruise-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjG6IXr6_0

Overflow 06-20-2013 08:34 AM

This should be renamed the Chevrolet question thread. :laugh:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 6691570)
Look what I found Kelly and some o her friends up in Grand Rapids in two blue and one black vette........Kelly invite some of us to cruise-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjG6IXr6_0

LOL That is great!

Unfortunately it was not me :cry:I wish it was!!!

I did see two driving on Woodward Ave. about a month ago on my way home from work. I was very excited and did a slow drive bye to check out every feature I could see. They are so beautiful on the road. :thumbup:

Thanks asptroopa1! You made my Friday night with that video.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care