Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   when do you think offical ordering will open? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280357)

imported_camaro2lt 02-06-2013 06:37 PM

when do you think offical ordering will open?

When do you guys thing will be the first day to order a c7 vette? I think it will be april 1st any thoughts?:stingray:

FenwickHockey65 02-06-2013 06:48 PM

Summer probably.

CamaroHutch 02-07-2013 03:28 PM

I think official ordering for the 2010 Camaro was like in December of 08, production started in March of 09... (could be off a month or two). So if third quarter is when production is supposed to start, I would guess sometime in 2nd quarter, (April - June)

Stingray 02-07-2013 04:57 PM

GM did issue this statement before:

"GM plans to idle (2014) Corvette production in Kentucky for six months to prepare for the next generation of the iconic sports car.

The automaker laid out its schedule... for revamping its assembly plant in Bowling Green for the all-new 2014 model. Production will halt sometime in February to make way for retooling, renovating the body shop and retraining employees, GM spokesman Monte Doran said in a telephone interview. Production on the next model will begin in the third quarter of 2013, he said. With this car, because it's such a dramatic change, we felt like the best thing to do was to halt production so we could completely overhaul the interior of (the) Bowling Green (plant) to get ready for the new car..."

laborsmith 03-02-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroHutch (Post 6232431)
I think official ordering for the 2010 Camaro was like in December of 08, production started in March of 09... (could be off a month or two). So if third quarter is when production is supposed to start, I would guess sometime in 2nd quarter, (April - June)

Gen5 Camaro: Orders were accepted in October, production start was delayed a month and began in March.

C6 Corvette: Orders were accepted in May and began regular production August 2, as scheduled.

Laborsmith

DucMan 03-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_camaro2lt (Post 6232353)
When do you guys thing will be the first day to order a c7 vette? I think it will be april 1st any thoughts?:stingray:

The plant will begin 'slow' production on the C7 by March 25th for training and go into full production soon after. I have read that anticipated order taking will begin in May. Another thing in regards to deposits put on cars,this practice is not supported by GM. The individual dealers have decided to accept those, I would be careful about that.
Taking into consideration that they were producing in excess 33,000 units plus the Cadillac XLR for years, and with improved technologies, 850 full time employees and a green light to hire an additional 170 if required tells me that they will meet the demand.:clap:

Stingray 03-03-2013 10:08 AM

Delayed availability of Competition Seats may affect our/my order...

DucMan 03-19-2013 07:28 AM

Harlan Charles announced at the Sebring race that dealers will be receiving customer order packets and pricing will be set at the end of April. Customer orders will be accepted early May with customer specific orders being built in the third quarter for the coupe and the following quarter for the convertible.

CorvetteConti.com reporting that customer orders will begin production in late June.