Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3647753)
Love those GN's :clap:

Dinner at McDonalds and a cigarette :bellyroll:

Wow... you really went high class MC. Did you pay for the... happy meal too? :D

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 08:45 AM

Happy Sunday Old Fart's!

Anybody have any coffee left?

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3647772)

Psh.......... of course! :laugh:

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3647797)
Happy Sunday Old Fart's!

Whole thermos full of truckstop coffee... mmmmmm adequate :D

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3647808)
Whole thermos full of truckstop coffee... mmmmmm adequate :D

Good Morning Mr. Twisty. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, WHAT THE HECK?!? BBB?? For a Happy Meal? You're a real top-shelf spender :bellyroll:

Morning NoUCantYesICan, Nice pics. You too, Pro Street.

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3647829)
Good Morning Mr. Twisty. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, WHAT THE HECK?!? BBB?? For a Happy Meal? You're a real top-shelf spender :bellyroll:

Morning NoUCantYesICan, Nice pics. You too, Pro Street.

BBB? should I even be asking? LOL

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3647845)
BBB? should I even be asking? LOL

Bedroom Bronc Busting. Like living dangerously? :)

GearHeadPeter 08-21-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Happy Sunday Old Fart's!

Just made a fresh pot!!! To Ruby I hope your dog gets better soon. Remember what they told us a kids, "What doesn't kill you, Makes you stronger." Ruby you ought be the strongerest woman on the planet by now, hang in there ya hear.

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3647851)
Bedroom Bronc Busting. Like living dangerously? :)

Well... I have been known to drive 42 in a 40 zone... Livin on the edge! :headbang:

Ladybugsmom 08-21-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Happy Sunday Old Fart's!

Halfway through my first cup.... Need many more.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_4_102.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxpt424C5US

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 10:44 AM

I really need to stay out of GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE area :mad0259:
Passed by a Prius

sugar'n'spice 08-21-2011 11:06 AM

Do you old farts not sleep? :sm0:

I'm having my coffee now...lots..:facepalm::D

Ladybugsmom 08-21-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3648057)
I really need to stay out of GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE area :mad0259:
Passed by a Prius

Some people..... I raced a guy in a motorized wheelchair the other day... :facepalm:

Pro Street 08-21-2011 11:19 AM

Just finished mowing and having a cup now!!!
http://cfupload.stevesdomain.net/images/5121e56e63.jpg

Ladybugsmom 08-21-2011 11:23 AM

My mother-in-law's memorial service is today. She didn't want one, and my father-in-law is pretty peeved that her brother has arranged this big thing - "Celebration of Kate's Life". My father-in-law just told me that he got a copy of the program yesterday, and it was only then that he found out he's supposed to give a speech or eulogy or whatever.
He went shopping to find something to wear that doesn't have a Disney character on it. I told him to screw what other people think and wear his Grumpy polo shirt - it's what Kate saw him in on a regular basis, its what she loved, and this is supposed to be for her...
I know she didn't want this - she wanted people to hang out at the house eating enchiladas and drinking beer in her honor!!! :drinking:
Hey - everyone listen up - when I kick the bucket, bury me in my car, and go get drunk at a football game. Don't sit in some stuffy auditorium and cry for me. Got it???? Remind my family of that too, in case one of them decides to ignore my wishes.... They ignore me most of the time anyhow, so it will happen. I'm counting on you guys to make sure it's done right!!!
End of rant - now I have to go get ready.... what to wear, what to wear????

remdds 08-21-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3647665)
I never got roped in :rolleyes: ... did get tied up a time or two tho Bedroom bronc bust'n... get on top and whisper, "this is the way your sister likes it"
then hang on!

:sm0::clap::happyanim::confused0068::laugh::clap:: bellyroll::clap: x10
My kinda guy!
ever any :paddle:?

lightning 08-21-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3646723)
I post one pic and break the internet. :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 3646789)
Beautiful women..... you just don't realize how much power you have.....

Deb, Camaro5 just went down and came back up again. Are you having power surges young lady?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3647665)
I never got roped in :rolleyes: ... did get tied up a time or two tho :help:

Bedroom bronc bust'n... get on top and whisper, "this is the way your sister likes it"
then hang on!

I gotta remember that quote. If'n I ever get a chanct I'm a gonna try it an see what happens by golly. :popcorn:

Quote:

Happy Sunday Old Fart's!

Sally!! Where have you been?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter (Post 3647894)
Just made a fresh pot!!! To Ruby I hope your dog gets better soon. Remember what they told us a kids, "What doesn't kill you, Makes you stronger." Ruby you ought be the strongerest woman on the planet by now, hang in there ya hear.

I think it's LadyBugsMom's dog that has the problem. A tumor I think. But RubyCamaro has had her share of issues to deal with too.

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remdds (Post 3648243)
My kinda guy!

Well... we DO call him Mr. Twisty. :D :fighting0056:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 3648271)
Deb, Camaro5 just went down and came back up again. Are you having power surges young lady?

:emoticon11: :emoticon11: :emoticon7: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 3648271)
Sally!! Where have you been?

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing. She knows the :rules: :paddle:

lightning 08-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 3648142)
My mother-in-law's memorial service is today. She didn't want one, and my father-in-law is pretty peeved that her brother has arranged this big thing - "Celebration of Kate's Life". My father-in-law just told me that he got a copy of the program yesterday, and it was only then that he found out he's supposed to give a speech or eulogy or whatever.
He went shopping to find something to wear that doesn't have a Disney character on it. I told him to screw what other people think and wear his Grumpy polo shirt - it's what Kate saw him in on a regular basis, its what she loved, and this is supposed to be for her...
I know she didn't want this - she wanted people to hang out at the house eating enchiladas and drinking beer in her honor!!! :drinking:
Hey - everyone listen up - when I kick the bucket, bury me in my car, and go get drunk at a football game. Don't sit in some stuffy auditorium and cry for me. Got it???? Remind my family of that too, in case one of them decides to ignore my wishes.... They ignore me most of the time anyhow, so it will happen. I'm counting on you guys to make sure it's done right!!!

Let me tell you a little story..... when my father passed away, his brother drove out from east Texas for the funeral. Sometime during the 5 or 6 years preceding my father's death my uncle became a "born again believer." I don't have any problem with those folks but my dad didn't lke it much. When Uncle L came to the reception he got in my mother's face about there not being as many "church" people at the funeral as he thought there ought to be. It hurt my mother's feelings quite badly. She tried to explain to him that dad was not a church going man, but that didn't mean he wasn't a believer. And that she grew up very "church going" but in her old age just couldn't get out to church much any more. I jumped in and pointed out to him that the service had been conducted by my dad's childhood friend who was a Protestant minister. That was how my dad would have wanted it.

LBM I only tell this story to illustrate that we all have a goofball or two in our families. These folks sometimes get their way and if they don't they at least try to make it miserable for the rest of us. So, I say, after the memorial service go to your father-in-laws house, get drunk in her honor, eat some enchiladas, tell her out loud you love her (she'll be there), and celebrate her life the way she would have wanted.

Oh and BTW - You'll outlive me by a long ways, but if not I WILL come to Washington, gather up everybody and go to a football game and do it your way. And you can be buried in LadyBug.

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648302)

:emoticon11: :emoticon11: :emoticon7: :D

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing. She knows the :rules: :paddle:

You guys missed me? :) I'm touched (and No, Mr. Twisty....... You think I can't read your mind? :sm0:)

Just doing a bunch of junk (cleaning) around the house, and those darn cats'o'mine don't pick up after themselves (it's a good thing God made them really cute or else.....)

I keep telling myself I'm gonna get a house keeper... now might be a good time.

Like LBM, I'd like to be buried in my car, but creamation and interment in a 1/24 replica; I'd rather leave the real thing to my nephew who appreciates life size automotive art. Oooops, maybe I shouldn't have said that (I know he cruises this site on occasion) - ahhh what the hell, it's not as though he doesn't already know.....

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 3648311)
Let me tell you a little story..... when my father passed away, his brother drove out from east Texas for the funeral. Sometime during the 5 or 6 years preceding my father's death my uncle became a "born again believer." I don't have any problem with those folks but my dad didn't lke it much. When Uncle L came to the reception he got in my mother's face about there not being as many "church" people at the funeral as he thought there ought to be. It hurt my mother's feelings quite badly. She tried to explain to him that dad was not a church going man, but that didn't mean he wasn't a believer. And that she grew up very "church going" but in her old age just couldn't get out to church much any more. I jumped in and pointed out to him that the service had been conducted by my dad's childhood friend who was a Protestant minister. That was how my dad would have wanted it.

LBM I only tell this story to illustrate that we all have a goofball or two in our families. These folks sometimes get their way and if they don't they at least try to make it miserable for the rest of us. So, I say, after the memorial service go to your father-in-laws house, get drunk in her honor, eat some enchiladas, tell her out loud you love her (she'll be there), and celebrate her life the way she would have wanted.

Oh and BTW - You'll outlive me by a long ways, but if not I WILL come to Washington, gather up everybody and go to a football game and do it your way. And you can be buried in LadyBug.

Amen Brotha.

rjdapilmoto 08-21-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

My condolences to you and your family. Just know that she's in Heaven now and looking down on you. I will say a prayer for her today. And on another note, my feelings are just like you. When my time is up, I would rather be buried in my IOM. :) Unless, it ends up with my daughter. At first she said she wanted something else when she graduates from high school. But, the other day she mentioned that she wouldn't mind having it passed down to her. Have a good Sunday...

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 01:12 PM

Morning RJ, ain't it great to be done with on-call?

dianeokie 08-21-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3647617)
Thanks Di :)

I dunno, some of 'em can be full of a lotta bull for one little rope. ;)

Gotta pay attention, check them out, see how much they twist and turn.....;)

dianeokie 08-21-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Street (Post 3647647)

Dream car there...........and you have a Grand National.......wow!:headbang:

dianeokie 08-21-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3647772)

Y'all are being BAD :D

remdds 08-21-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

I am/will drink a beer or 2 for you and yours. Do it up your way... tho' long distance (trying to say this for an hour or so but the camaro5 server was on break)
:drinking:

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 3648420)

That's what the spurs are for! *evil grin*

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 3648425)
Y'all are being BAD :D

Awwww shucks... we've been a lot worse than that before ;) (and it was all MC's fault)

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice (Post 3648107)
Do you old farts not sleep? :sm0:

I'm having my coffee now...lots..:facepalm::D

:wave:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 3648120)
Some people..... I raced a guy in a motorized wheelchair the other day... :facepalm:

I cut off a lil old lady with a walker :facepalm:
Quote:

Watch "Gran Torino" before you go... then do like Clint
Quote:

Originally Posted by remdds (Post 3648243)
My kinda guy!

noooo.... that's just KINKY! :bellyroll:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648302)

..... It's not because I take corners too fast? :iono:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3648333)
You guys missed me? :) I'm touched (and No, Mr. Twisty....... You think I can't read your mind? :sm0:)

[/COLOR][/B]

DANGit... how did you do that? :bellyroll:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 3648420)

[singing]: "I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle, as I go riding merrily along"

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648462)
That's what the spurs are for! *evil grin*

Awwww shucks... we've been a lot worse than that before ;) (and it was all MC's fault)

cowBOYS wear spurs :rules:

... and the "bad" comment... there's a recap someplace :laugh:

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3648507)
cowBOYS wear spurs :rules:

Yipes! I hope you bring band-aids :D. (Note to self: get a tetanus booster before the Ol' Farts get-together.)

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

cowBOYS like girls that wear spurs :rules:

Fixed it for ya Twisty! :D

Quote:

DON'T. Even. Think. About. It. :paddle:

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3648627)
Yipes! I hope you bring band-aids :D. (Note to self: get a tetanus booster before the Ol' Farts get-together.)

:laughabove:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648637)
Fixed it for ya Twisty! :D

DON'T. Even. Think. About. It. :paddle:

Fixed it to the female advantage :paddle: that reminds me of a joke .....

..... err maybe not :laugh:

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3648627)

I saw what you did... LOL ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 3648897)
:laughabove:

Fixed it to the female advantage :paddle: that reminds me of a joke .....

..... err maybe not :laugh:

By Jove, I think he's learning!

Mr Twisty 08-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648994)

You give me too much credit... didn't know squat 30 yrs ago, know even less now :drool:

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3648994)
I saw what you did... LOL ;)

I think you might be on to something! smart girl that you are. gee. I really like this invisible ink, lol.

lightning 08-21-2011 05:24 PM

Hey, what's going on in here? Do you guys need to be supervised? er, chaperoned?

NoUCantDriveIt 08-21-2011 05:29 PM

<--- Is Innocent

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 3649130)
Hey, what's going on in here? Do you guys need to be supervised? er, chaperoned?

Ut-Oh!.... Twisty and Hotrod are in troubbbble! :character0229:

:D

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt (Post 3649147)
<--- Is Innocent

Ut-Oh!.... Twisty and Hotrod are in troubbbble! :character0229:

:D

We weren't bein' bad Mr. Lightning. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_3.gif (it's all twisty's fault.)

See? The pointer says I'm innocent, too! It's all Twisty's fault.

hotrodsally 08-21-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 3649177)
We weren't bein' bad Mr. Lightning. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_3.gif (it's all twisty's fault.)

See? The pointer says I'm innocent, too! It's all Twisty's fault.

I work in IT (where everyone is an expert at throwing the "other guy" under the the bus). :D