Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Overflow's Very Own Thread! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280193)

FenwickHockey65 02-10-2013 10:22 PM

When this year?

guiLT 02-11-2013 07:22 AM

At the end of the year.

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 6964)
At the end of the year.

Thats awesome! My bad vision killed my aspirations to be a pilot in the AF. But that program gave me experiences most dont even have on their bucket list.

Signed up for the Marine Corps in 2002 but a wild graduation party had my recruiter seeing red when they tested....

Met a girl and fell head over heels making him more irate. Girl turned out crazy (took everything I owned) before moving out of state.

Not a day goes by that I dont regret going. I still feel like I was MEANT to be a soldier. I have my life and a family now. Cant let these guys down being fatherless myself.

Congrats btw. I bet your livid with excitment;)

FenwickHockey65 02-11-2013 03:34 PM

Reason I never joined the military is because I wanted to do one of two things: fly attack helicopters or fly fighter jets.

And I doubt the Army or Air Force would appreciate it much if a pilot was looking at the floor of the cockpit trying to find his contact that just fell out. :lol: And lasik just scares the sh*t out of me.

guiLT 02-11-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 7062)
Thats awesome! My bad vision killed my aspirations to be a pilot in the AF. But that program gave me experiences most dont even have on their bucket list.

Signed up for the Marine Corps in 2002 but a wild graduation party had my recruiter seeing red when they tested....

Met a girl and fell head over heels making him more irate. Girl turned out crazy (took everything I owned) before moving out of state.

Not a day goes by that I dont regret going. I still feel like I was MEANT to be a soldier. I have my life and a family now. Cant let these guys down being fatherless myself.

Congrats btw. I bet your livid with excitment;)

Yeah I know for a fact I won't be a pilot. I have an astigmatism in my left eye that prevents me from becoming a pilot.

It's the fact that you still went out of your way to try to serve your country, makes you better than the rest. So many people just sit on their rears b*tching and complaining about the country. It takes true brave people to actually dedicate themselves to their country. Hey, it may not have worked out, but you still have my respect. :clap2:

Oh yeah I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't even swallowed the fact that I'm most likely going into the military, and I'm already excited. It'll be weird to have so much change in so little time.

guiLT 02-11-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 7068)
Reason I never joined the military is because I wanted to do one of two things: fly attack helicopters or fly fighter jets.

And I doubt the Army or Air Force would appreciate it much if a pilot was looking at the floor of the cockpit trying to find his contact that just fell out. :lol: And lasik just scares the sh*t out of me.

You could always be one of the people that shoot from the helicopters.

Oh yeah Lasik is a total no-go for me. Call me a baby but I've watched how they perform the surgery and it does not look like a big bowl of joy.

ec1990 02-11-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 7070)

Oh yeah Lasik is a total no-go for me. Call me a baby but I've watched how they perform the surgery and it does not look like a big bowl of joy.

It's actually changed quite a bit over the past few years. Knives are no longer used and PPRK i believe it is and others solely use lasers now.

guiLT 02-11-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 7075)
It's actually changed quite a bit over the past few years. Knives are no longer used and PPRK i believe it is and others solely use lasers now.

Hmm..

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 7069)
Yeah I know for a fact I won't be a pilot. I have an astigmatism in my left eye that prevents me from becoming a pilot.

It's the fact that you still went out of your way to try to serve your country, makes you better than the rest. So many people just sit on their rears b*tching and complaining about the country. It takes true brave people to actually dedicate themselves to their country. Hey, it may not have worked out, but you still have my respect. :clap2:

Oh yeah I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't even swallowed the fact that I'm most likely going into the military, and I'm already excited. It'll be weird to have so much change in so little time.

I appreciate that:usa:
Quote:

What Eric Said
Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 7075)

I had heard that this new surgery was approved for pilots; no risk of peeling at high gs because no incisions are made.

Is this correct???

guiLT 02-11-2013 04:53 PM

If so I may consider because there is NO way a knife is getting near me.

FenwickHockey65 02-11-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but when I was in 8th grade, this is what I wanted to fly.

http://community.warplanes.com/wp-co...-64_Apache.jpg

I can't believe I found that picture again. It was the wallpaper on our old computer forever ago.

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 07:11 PM

That is a sick whip!

I flew a gyro copter once and it scared the absolute sh1t out of me. Something about an open cockpit and a drunken old man giving me sketchy flight instruction.

Anyone CAN NOT do it as he stated. Had I not had prior experience at flight........I probably wouldn't be typing this :lol:

Even gliders scare me less...and they have no engines

ec1990 02-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 7078)
I appreciate that:usa:

What Eric Said

I had heard that this new surgery was approved for pilots; no risk of peeling at high gs because no incisions are made.

Is this correct???

It is as far as my knowledge is, the main caveat is that your vision has to be corrected before you go to the rated board. This board selects all the pilots, navigators, RPA pilots, and air battle managers.

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 7129)
It is as far as my knowledge is, the main caveat is that your vision has to be corrected before you go to the rated board. This board selects all the pilots, navigators, RPA pilots, and air battle managers.

:clap2: Awesome:sad:

ec1990 02-11-2013 08:05 PM

Be sure to double check with any recruiter though who has all the manuals and instructionals though.

But I'll answer any question I can, either with fact or opinion, mostly opinion.

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 7131)
Be sure to double check with any recruiter though who has all the manuals and instructionals though.

But I'll answer any question I can, either with fact or opinion, mostly opinion.

Lets just call them opinionated facts:sad:

:lol:

ec1990 02-11-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 7137)
Lets just call them opinionated facts:sad:

:lol:

Exactly :lol: