Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Anybody else own a 5th gen camaro? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280124)

CowboyCorvette 02-15-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 7525)
I totally missed your 77. My lord I LOVE those cars. :sad:

Ahhh sema. Its on my bucket list.

Thanks me too....I wanted one of those my entire life (well pretty much...lol)....Finally found a perfect (1 owner) car to restore in 1991 and I have loved it every day since:)

I didn't get to attend SEMA unfortunately either (it's on my list too)....But with all the pictures that Adam's Polishes posted from SEMA this year I almost feel like I was there, that's how I saw the wheels :)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5151/6...9b6feb7a_c.jpg

StentS 02-15-2013 04:56 PM

I finally got to go to SEMA in 2012. It was on my list forever ..... Another C5 forum member was kind enough to hook me up with the tickets so I couldn't pass up the opportunity! I highly recommend going if you get the chance..... I also suggest getting in shape physically before you go. I wasn't amd it took me a week or so to feel normal again... It is 3 days of walking and standing with no places to sit or rest ....... The other part of the show, AAPEX, didn't do much for me and I would have rather stayed at SEMA.....

CowboyCorvette 02-16-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StentS (Post 7618)
I finally got to go to SEMA in 2012. It was on my list forever ..... Another C5 forum member was kind enough to hook me up with the tickets so I couldn't pass up the opportunity! I highly recommend going if you get the chance..... I also suggest getting in shape physically before you go. I wasn't amd it took me a week or so to feel normal again... It is 3 days of walking and standing with no places to sit or rest ....... The other part of the show, AAPEX, didn't do much for me and I would have rather stayed at SEMA.....

I bet that was amazing......I can see where you would walk MILES at that place !

Glad you got to go :)

Roll_the_Dice 02-18-2013 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can't decide when to sell my 2012 2LT convertible for the C7. I almost listed it for sale last week, but for now, I have my Camaro and here she is...

Stingray 02-19-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roll_the_dice (Post 7905)
I can't decide when to sell my 2012 2LT convertible for the C7. I almost listed it for sale last week, but for now, I have my Camaro and here she is...

Nice! And :welcome: Good to see you here in :stingray: land.

The new Stingray is quite awesome... I spent 2 days drooling over it this past weekend at the Chicago auto show and it's ten times more attractive in person. Seeing it in & out all secures my decision to also get one. And I don't care what anyone says about the rear, it's beautiful in live view... worthy of staring at all day long. :madgrin:

CamaroSkooter 02-19-2013 09:30 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I hydroplaned mine on US-281 last Monday when it started raining. I was doing about 65mph when the backend lost complete traction came around and pointed me at the median. As soon as my front tires caught the grass, I finished about a 270° spin while sliding through the grass of the median...

Pics below.

Pic 1 - At the edge of the median there are skinny white plastic pylons with reflectors. I hit one with the front passenger's side quarter panel prior to the slip-n-slide grass median

Pic 2 - The freshly cut grass that covered the side of my car (it was all over both sides)

Pic 3 - All the fresh-cut grass and dirt inside one wheel. All four wheels looked the same...

I got all kinds of lucky that the only damage to my car was the quarter panel and that's it. It could've been much worse...

Stingray 02-19-2013 10:11 AM

^ Glad to know you're okay! Fenders & quarters can be replaced.... limbs, organs, well-being, etc... not so easily.

Roll_the_Dice 02-19-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 8001)
Nice! And :welcome: Good to see you here in :stingray: land.

The new Stingray is quite awesome... I spent 2 days drooling over it this past weekend at the Chicago auto show and it's ten times more attractive in person. Seeing it in & out all secures my decision to also get one. And I don't care what anyone says about the rear, it's beautiful in live view... worthy of staring at all day long. :madgrin:

Thanks....

I am going to try and make it to the Atlanta show next month 3/14-3/17...can't wait to see it in person! The rear is growing on me...so by the time they are actually in production, it will be even better!

GaBoy25 02-19-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorvetteSkooter (Post 8042)
I hydroplaned mine on US-281 last Monday when it started raining. I was doing about 65mph when the backend lost complete traction came around and pointed me at the median. As soon as my front tires caught the grass, I finished about a 270° spin while sliding through the grass of the median...

Pics below.

Pic 1 - At the edge of the median there are skinny white plastic pylons with reflectors. I hit one with the front passenger's side quarter panel prior to the slip-n-slide grass median

Pic 2 - The freshly cut grass that covered the side of my car (it was all over both sides)

Pic 3 - All the fresh-cut grass and dirt inside one wheel. All four wheels looked the same...

I got all kinds of lucky that the only damage to my car was the quarter panel and that's it. It could've been much worse...

Holy jeez:bolt:

Glad your okay. Damage is nada compared to people ive seen do the same. How was your tread btw?

BSR-1 02-19-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 8084)
How was your tread btw?

Looks like threads are showing in the pic.

CamaroSkooter 02-20-2013 10:12 AM

I dunno, the car's at the body shop. But I'll take a look when I get it back :)

Only $820 worth of damage...

GaBoy25 02-20-2013 03:55 PM

You got off well....well considering the circumstances.

The force has been strong with you :sad:

CamaroSkooter 02-21-2013 09:02 AM

Surprisingly, I didn't really freak out when the back end came around. It was more of a, "huh...that's not right..."

moserbe 03-02-2013 04:09 PM

Yep. 2012 SS LS3.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...0907121428.jpg