CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Had to turn down allocation today (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469656)

KLR ZL1 10-11-2016 08:40 PM

Had to turn down allocation today

Got a call from Classic Chevrolet where I am on the list for ordering a ZL1. They told me that they have 4 ZL1 allocations and wanted to know if I wanted to place my order. Of course I do I said, but wait I am getting the A10. So I had to turn them down. I was like :happyanim: then :sad0147: Really sucks that I had to do that. At least the next person that wanted a M6 could order.

thickstunalex 10-11-2016 09:44 PM

Man, that sucks to hear. That A10 is definitely going to be worth the wait though!

BreedsAS 10-11-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 (Post 9354891)
Got a call from Classic Chevrolet where I am on the list for ordering a ZL1. They told me that they have 4 ZL1 allocations and wanted to know if I wanted to place my order. Of course I do I said, but wait I am getting the A10. So I had to turn them down. I was like :happyanim: then :sad0147: Really sucks that I had to do that. At least the next person that wanted a M6 could order.

For a second I thought you meant Classic Chevy towards me (Grapevine, TX). That would be one hell of a drive lol.
Sucks you didn't get to order. The bright side is that by the time you (or I) order, there will be incentives on 17s that will ensure we won't be paying sticker.
I may get the '18, or an 2500HD truck. I'll just have to wait and see.

Nawambo 10-12-2016 07:25 AM

Are they selling for MSRP? I want an M6! :D

Childs Play 10-12-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawambo (Post 9355271)
Are they selling for MSRP? I want an M6! :D

Unless something has changed recently, Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland is an MSRP dealership for hotter rides. They do not do dealer markups. They've been that way since I can remember.

So the answer should be yes. :biggrin:

Better call up Mark Kolon to see if allocations are still available.

Nawambo 10-12-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childs Play (Post 9355295)
Unless something has changed recently, Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland is an MSRP dealership for hotter rides. They do not do dealer markups. They've been that way since I can remember.

Thanks friend. I spoke to Aaron Strand and he is checking for me. Seems like a good guy.

Time will tell if they can help.

Cheers,
Nawar

Nawambo 10-12-2016 09:05 AM

I have a particular one I want, including the color, NFG. :D

mlee 10-12-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawambo (Post 9355425)
I have a particular one I want, including the color, NFG. :D

LOL... I figured that, but just in case it was black. :smoking:

Hellobatman 10-12-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9355465)
LOL... I figured that, but just in case it was black. :smoking:

Thinking you might be #1 or 2 on the list bc I'm 3 over there and got the same call back in early August. Sucks I had to turn it down but damn, I really want the A10!!

ELS1 10-12-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Wow - I've dealt with Classic (Bill Heard) back in the day when looking for an LS1 and they gave me a lot of run around so I went to Strickland instead. I've been reading recent reviews thanks to this post and it seems like they have definitely stepped up. I'll consider them now. Was there any special process you had to do to be put on the waiting list?

:thanks:

KLR ZL1 10-12-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELS1 (Post 9355641)
Wow - I've dealt with Classic (Bill Heard) back in the day when looking for an LS1 and they gave me a lot of run around so I went to Strickland instead. I've been reading recent reviews thanks to this post and it seems like they have definitely stepped up. I'll consider them now. Was there any special process you had to do to be put on the waiting list?

:thanks:

Just go by or call.

BaylorCamaro 10-12-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Mark isn't at Classic anymore. A large portion of the employees are new, long story.

However Classic has always been great to work with. That's where I got my Corvette and before that, my ZL1.

datboi448 10-12-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreedsAS (Post 9355006)
For a second I thought you meant Classic Chevy towards me (Grapevine, TX). That would be one hell of a drive lol.
Sucks you didn't get to order. The bright side is that by the time you (or I) order, there will be incentives on 17s that will ensure we won't be paying sticker.
I may get the '18, or an 2500HD truck. I'll just have to wait and see.

The new GM at Sugar Land is from the Grapevine dealership.

I too got a call last week that i was passed up for the first time since i wanted an a10

Fred25 10-12-2016 05:14 PM

Don't feel bad. I passed on the first ZL1 to mIt will be worth the wait.y Dealership, too.:confused0068:it will be worth the wait.