Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   2014 Corvette Stingray NOT Included in GM's Military Discount Program (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322937)

Overflow 10-13-2013 05:38 PM

2014 Corvette Stingray NOT Included in GM's Military Discount Program

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/image.../101113_4b.jpg

Quote:

GM’s recently upgraded Military Discount Program gives our men and women in the Armed Forces incentives to buy many different kinds of vehicles from General Motors, including Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC.

But soldiers who have their hearts set on a 2014 Corvette Stingray are going to be disappointed because GM has decided to leave the new C7 out of the discount program thanks to its overwhelming popularity.

The program, however, does allow servicemen to just pay invoice for most other Chevy, Buick, or GMC vehicles. That could account for thousands in savings over the MSRP price. Furthermore, the discount can also be combined with existing dealer incentives, including bonus cash, consumer cash, and trade-in allowance.

“GM has long supported the military and military families, and we hope this simplified and enhanced discount will show our appreciation for their service and help make it easier for them to own one of our great new vehicles,” said Chuck Thomson, general manager of GM Retail Sales and Marketing Support.

The new GM program is open to Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, National Guard and Coast Guard, including active duty, reserve members and military retirees and their partners.

Our soldiers have to leave their families behind for long periods of time and risk their life and limb every day, so we appreciate GM’s willingness to offer a nice discount to these brave men and women.

It would have been nice if the Stingray was included in that program, but with some ordinary Americans paying at least sticker price and in some cases thousands over MSRP because of the old supply-and-demand, we understand why GM had to make its decision.
From CorvetteBlogger

FenwickHockey65 10-13-2013 06:01 PM

No GM employee discount on Corvette either. :/

occar 10-13-2013 06:15 PM

No supplier discount either. Why would you expect a military discount when neither the company's employees nor its partners get anything off?

FenwickHockey65 10-13-2013 06:19 PM

Honestly, I'd give it a couple months. I know for a fact Corvette had pricing schedules released a few months ago that had employee and supplier pricing.

GM's probably just waiting for the initial demand to taper off, then they'll introduce the discounts.

occar 10-13-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 7089810)
Honestly, I'd give it a couple months. I know for a fact Corvette had pricing schedules released a few months ago that had employee and supplier pricing.

GM's probably just waiting for the initial demand to taper off, then they'll introduce the discounts.

Yeah, so do I. My dealer accidentally gave me a sheet that had the price on it and an employee price... It was around $5k on a $67k MSRP ;)

Salameth 10-14-2013 04:28 AM

That is a bummer but it will not stop me from ordering one when I get back from Afghanistan.

CruznCorvette 10-14-2013 05:29 AM

Actually it might be a few years until any type of discounts are given. The program for the pricing sheets is prewritten to include the GMS and Supplier discount info.

GunnyG 10-14-2013 07:40 PM

Doesn't apply to the ZL-1 either...:iono:

msm859 10-14-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruznCorvette (Post 7090901)
Actually it might be a few years until any type of discounts are given. The program for the pricing sheets is prewritten to include the GMS and Supplier discount info.

The time will be measured in months - not years - before discounts will be offered.

GQ4Life 10-15-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by occar (Post 7089793)
No supplier discount either. Why would you expect a military discount when neither the company's employees nor its partners get anything off?

id think military before employees.
military guys risking life and limb.. GM employees living great life at house with family going out drinking when off work..

Overflow 10-16-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 7096651)
id think military before employees.
military guys risking life and limb.. GM employees living great life at house with family going out drinking when off work..

I agree 100%

laborsmith 10-16-2013 07:33 AM

Until recently (in terms of decades) the Corvette was not even eligible for the employee discount, and when eligible dealers who accepted employee discounts were not required to accept the employee discount for a Corvette.

My memory is pre-9/11 there was an employee discount available for the Corvette but very few employees were eligible, say the Bowling Green employees but possibly more. After 9/11 the limit on which GM emploees could use the discount was removed.

Another limitation: if one used the discount to purchase a Corvette it had to stay titled in their name for two years compared to one year for the rest of the Chevy vehicles.

Laborsmith

mark0202 10-22-2013 11:50 AM

Discouraging

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 7089688)

moo

I know what you mean......on the same web page, Support Our Military"....except where the Stingray is concerned.....if your in the program and select the Corvette Stingray....you get back a bunch of "N/A's"....:crazy:

GQ4Life 10-22-2013 12:24 PM

Stingray already a steal..
Dealer ask me about military discount I had to tell them gm stopped lol

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4