Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hottest Color??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609)

Scotsman 02-03-2007 09:52 PM

Hottest Color???

I parked my car in front of my house this afternoon when a brand new GT500 convertible drives by in a matte orange color, I seriously could have pissed my pants when I saw it. Lucky for me the guy lives right up the hill, so I'm sure I'll see the car again. I then thought to myself "how would that color work on a 5th gen???" Who knows, but I'd like to see it. What color would you most like to see on the 5th gen???

Luna 02-03-2007 10:43 PM

I acutally wanted a subtle color at first, a burnt orange, but knowing that wont happen, I am liking the SOM more and more everytime I look at it. And of course the dark grey stripes. I may change my mind later.

Scotsman 02-03-2007 10:58 PM

what is SOM??? I know when you type the answer I'm gonna get one of those :bonk: moments...

WMCC Doug 02-03-2007 11:12 PM

I'm guessing: Sunset Orange Metallic

Kenz Camaro 02-04-2007 12:18 AM

C'mon Luna! Don't you mean HOPTC (Hugger Orange Pearl Tri Coat)?
Seriously though, I've mentioned before how I have this "Orange" thing and man, that vert color absolutely does it for me. Maybe white stripes instead of gunmetal gray............hummmmm:iono:

Luna 02-04-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenz Camaro (Post 6263)
C'mon Luna! Don't you mean HOPTC (Hugger Orange Pearl Tri Coat)?
Seriously though, I've mentioned before how I have this "Orange" thing and man, that vert color absolutely does it for me. Maybe white stripes instead of gunmetal gray............hummmmm:iono:

LOL, my bad Kenz :laugh: , yes the hugger orange. It's funny cuz blue :cool: has always been my color for a car. I was really into blue for my current car which I didn't get :( , but before I even knew what hugger was I was already in orange mode.

Kenz Camaro 02-04-2007 12:39 PM

OK Luna, thanx for "crossing over" to the orange side:D BUT, what is SOM anyway?:iono:
Ken

E-wing 02-04-2007 12:55 PM

its sunset orange metallic

http://www.pfyc.com/cotm/fb/14-apalmieri.jpg

Kenz Camaro 02-04-2007 01:13 PM

OK, someone else thought that too. Very nice color by the way.
I guess I should give Luna more credit; she currently drives a Tiburon but must know quite a bit about GM products (in this case, more than I do!).:eek:

Luna 02-04-2007 01:30 PM

Well I have always been a Camaro and TA fan, but when I got the Tiburon I was in desperate need for a car right away and the best deal in the paper was for my car...she's been real good to me over the past 7 1/2 yrs. And yes Im gonna keep her when I get the camaro.

DC1_01 02-04-2007 01:32 PM

<--------------------That color right there! Just as you see it!!

Midnight metallic blue or black would be my 2nd or 3rd choice (in no paticular order ).

Guess it doesnt matter cause unless you see it sitting still all anyone else will notice is a blur in that color with a smile:burnrubber: !

Luna 02-04-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC1_01 (Post 6288)
<--------------------That color right there! Just as you see it!!

Midnight metallic blue or black would be my 2nd or 3rd choice (in no paticular order ).

Guess it doesnt matter cause unless you see it sitting still all anyone else will notice is a blur in that color with a smile:burnrubber: !

I think my second choice would be white. I would get my stripes custom colored blueish purpleish. Like DC said, all anyone would see is a blur, and I would want my blur to look like an icicle going by.

EllwynX 02-04-2007 02:07 PM

I'd only take the Camaro is 3 colors.

White
Silver

or

That dark Purple from the 1992's. Something Orchid?

IROC'em 02-04-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-wing (Post 6283)

Damn, nice car. That color goes well on that car.