Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Lingenfelter Corvette... (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280462)

CLFJUMPR 02-27-2013 02:59 PM

Lingenfelter Corvette...

So I'm thinking about having some work done this summer by Lingenfelter on my ZR1 as a reward for working by butt off during the winter and spring. I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with them. They seem like a very well run outfit, and they seem to stand behind their work. I had also looked at Hennessey Performance, but have heard horror stories about them, possibly unfounded. Thanks for any tips any of you might have.

mikeyg36 02-27-2013 05:58 PM

I've heard the horror stories too... I've heard nothing but good things about Lingenfelter.

ec1990 02-27-2013 06:27 PM

It seems it depends on what you're getting done.

Large, large builds seem to have the horror stories, as well as how John has dealt with customers on forums has been less than appealing. Although for shorter builds I haven't heard many horror stories. Either way they're always pushing the limits of performance in many vehicles.

As with any company, get what you want in writing, plain and clear, estimates beforehand, and keep your hand in the cookie jar, so to speak by keeping in tabs with progress depending on the size of what you want done. It's your vehicle make sure it gets done right before driving off.

LOWDOWN 02-28-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 8991)
It seems it depends on what you're getting done.

Large, large builds seem to have the horror stories, as well as how John has dealt with customers on forums has been less than appealing. Although for shorter builds I haven't heard many horror stories. Either way they're always pushing the limits of performance in many vehicles.

As with any company, get what you want in writing, plain and clear, estimates beforehand, and keep your hand in the cookie jar, so to speak by keeping in tabs with progress depending on the size of what you want done. It's your vehicle make sure it gets done right before driving off.

Considering John passed, Christmas Day '03, I suspect the forum posts you're referring to are from someone else...

NO SHOP, in business as long and as successfully as LPE, goes without mention, good AND bad, but then again they're still around, successfully. There's always THREE SIDES to every story...

Know what you're starting with, where you want to end up, how you're going to use it...and what you're expected to pay. Get it in writing INCLUDING any warranties applicable, and then ENJOY it!

mikeyg36 02-28-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 9037)
Considering John passed, Christmas Day '03, I suspect the forum posts you're referring to are from someone else...

NO SHOP, in business as long and as successfully as LPE, goes without mention, good AND bad, but then again they're still around, successfully. There's always THREE SIDES to every story...

Know what you're starting with, where you want to end up, how you're going to use it...and what you're expected to pay. Get it in writing INCLUDING any warranties applicable, and then ENJOY it!

I'm pretty sure John Hennessy is still alive... :der:

LOWDOWN 03-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyg36 (Post 9053)
I'm pretty sure John Hennessy is still alive... :der:

Funny...I thought the title, and main subject, of this thread was LINGENFELTER, and LPE...and John Lingenfelter never spent much time sassin' folks in forums. He was too busy earning his generally deserved reputation, before his untimely demise in '03.

The problem with reputations is, they're subject to statements made by ambiguous people... ;)

ec1990 03-01-2013 01:35 PM

Yep guess I was thinking about hennessey. My mistake.

mikeyg36 03-01-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX4HP (Post 8969)
So I'm thinking about having some work done this summer by Lingenfelter on my ZR1 as a reward for working by butt off during the winter and spring. I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with them. They seem like a very well run outfit, and they seem to stand behind their work. I had also looked at Hennessey Performance, but have heard horror stories about them, possibly unfounded. Thanks for any tips any of you might have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 9075)
Funny...I thought the title, and main subject, of this thread was LINGENFELTER, and LPE...and John Lingenfelter never spent much time sassin' folks in forums. He was too busy earning his generally deserved reputation, before his untimely demise in '03.

The problem with reputations is, they're subject to statements made by ambiguous people... ;)

:readthethread: