Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   What are y'all choices of C7 Corvette exhaust systems? Thinking of straight pipess (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280258)

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:27 PM

What are y'all choices of C7 Corvette exhaust systems? Thinking of straight pipess

So lets hear it, since I'm sure more than everyone is leaving the exhaust as a option that they would improve. MY options are either going with a Borla Full Cat-Back, or going to cut the whole thing out and go straight pipes and re weld the Stock tips exactly how they were originally. What are y'all thoughts?

Stingray 01-25-2013 02:41 PM

First and foremost... I want to be mesmerized by muscular tunes from that stock quad exhaust setup... and if possible, the NPP option.

It'll be :music: to my :ear:

ec1990 01-25-2013 02:43 PM

Whichever sounds best, but always leaned towards Bassani, Borla, Corsa, although the Stainless Works is awesome on the Camaro.

Although with AFM I may just leave the upgraded performance from GM on since it has exhaust flaps to counter the drone.

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:47 PM

Do any of y'all think when the car shuts off half the cylinders while cruising, that there you be a sound problem when running straight pipes?

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 4600)
First and foremost... I want to be mesmerized by muscular tunes from that stock quad exhaust setup... and if possible, the NPP option.

It'll be :music: to my :ear:

Whats NPP? Thank you

Stingray 01-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrefaei (Post 4607)
Do any of y'all think when the car shuts off half the cylinders while cruising, that there you be a sound problem when running straight pipes?

:grouphug: = :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Stingray 01-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrefaei (Post 4608)
Whats NPP? Thank you

:sorry: ...similar to what the new Camaro has... a Variable Tuned Performance Exhaust option but obviously engineered specifically for the new :stingray:

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 4611)
:sorry: ...similar to what the new Camaro has... a Variable Tuned Performance Exhaust option but obviously engineered specifically for the new :stingray:

Thank you!

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 4609)
:grouphug: = :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

So its best to just stick with a Pre made system from either Borla or Corsa probably uh?..

Stingray 01-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrefaei (Post 4614)
So its best to just stick with a Pre made system from either Borla or Corsa probably uh?..

Too premature to answer... we'll see later this year! :thumb:

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 4615)
Too premature to answer... we'll see later this year! :thumb:

Gotcha :thumb:, most likely we can wait for some to post test about it.

Gohan 01-25-2013 04:07 PM

Nice, I like seeing talk of modding already :)

I've always been a fan of Borla and Corsa. But the factory exhaust already sounds pretty good!

OctaneZ28 01-25-2013 04:33 PM

Definitely want NPP. My C6 has it and I love it.
And it's even better with the Mild2Wild remote control. :)

As far as cat-back exhaust goes, stock is sufficient.
Aftermarket systems just change the noise, they're not worth much power, if any.
But headers are definitely worth it, so long tubes would be in the plans for sure.

chrisrefaei 01-25-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane (Post 4668)
Definitely want NPP. My C6 has it and I love it.
And it's even better with the Mild2Wild remote control. :)

As far as cat-back exhaust goes, stock is sufficient.
Aftermarket systems just change the noise, they're not worth much power, if any.
But headers are definitely worth it, so long tubes would be in the plans for sure.

You so read my mind about the Long Tube headers, that's why I originally wanted to go straight pipes, but most likely I'll do Headers to stock cat back and see what that brings and then consider a cat-back. And your right about it not being about the power gain over noise, cause thats truly what I'm really going for is the noise factor.