Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Busted (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281619)

Dr. Love 03-07-2013 08:37 PM

Busted

I thought it would be fun to share stories of when you were busted for buying car parts or when you busted someone else.

Here's mine.

My husband bought a Mustang several years ago. (I know...no Mustang jabs, please). I wasn't on board because we had domesticated ourselves to sedans and SUVs. Whenever we own any kind of sports cars (i.e. Mustangs or Camaros), our bank account mysteriously disappears. Well, my husband was scoping this car out for several days online and kept telling me about the great deal it apparently was. I didn't want to tell him what to do because I wanted him to make a responsible adult decision....

To make a long story short, he kept on and on until I finally said, "Go ahead and buy the d*mn thing, but you better not do anything to it!" The obvious tone of my voice should have said that I really didn't want him to purchase the car. The next thing I know he is purchasing a one way ticket to Houston to pick it up. Apparently, it doesn't matter how mad you are when you give permission. The only thing that matters is the actual permission.

When he got back, of course, he started doing things to it. A new radio, new speakers, the very expensive wires to run to the amps, etc. I tried to ignore all this hoping that a sound system would be all that would happen.

I was so wrong. I took his Suburban to the grocery store because it was blocking my Intrepid in the drive. I made an interesting discovery as I loaded the groceries in the back hatch.

When I got home, the garage door was open, and my husband was knee deep into some wiring. I looked at him and said, "Why don't you give me a hand with the groceries and shocks and struts that are in the back of the car." The look on his face was textbook for "BUSTED." Apparently, he had ordered an entire new suspension for the car and was hiding it in the back of the Suburban where he thought I would never look.

2xSSRS 03-07-2013 08:42 PM

:pound:Classic!!!

Dr. Love 03-07-2013 08:48 PM

The deceit is worse because he thought he could secretly put the suspension on the car and I would never know the difference because it really isn't a visible component to the car....Never mind the completely different stance and ride. Apparently, I would have been too dumb to figure that one out.

LOL...He should have known better. Now we are in his car for about 40K after he totaled it on a fire hydrant in our subdivision only going "20 mph" or so.....Car books for 5k....

Dynamite 03-07-2013 09:27 PM

Sounds like karma.

Dr. Love 03-07-2013 09:33 PM

The 35k has been spent since the great "Fire Hydrant" debacle....It was one of those things, go all in, go all out....That means - all parts go in, all the money in our bank account goes out...LOL..

SIN R G 03-07-2013 09:40 PM

Ummm Can I borrow your Suburban?

samtheman32 03-07-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN R G (Post 6259900)
Ummm Can I borrow your Suburban?

Think I could take the Suburban for a spin as well?

Dr. Love 03-07-2013 09:47 PM

The Suburban is gone. That's what we traded in on my Camaro. It's hard to fit boxes of struts and shocks in the back of it.

SSMickey 03-07-2013 10:07 PM

Since my wife never gets on here... my secret is to have all parts sent to a friends house.

rontammy0 03-07-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6260029)
Since my wife never gets on here... my secret is to have all parts sent to a friends house.

:thumb:

KTWillys 03-07-2013 10:52 PM

ahhhh now I know why I am single....lol

be patient and forgive him..

after all he is but a Male.. and has no control over any of his actions..

RubyCamaro 03-07-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTWillys (Post 6260196)
ahhhh now I know why I am single....lol

be patient and forgive him..

after all he is but a Male.. and has no control over any of his actions..

:bs: Besides, then what is my excuse?????????????????????

GotGame55 03-07-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6260257)
:bs: Besides, then what is my excuse?????????????????????

Women get to use "PMS'ing" as an excuse sometimes....
:yikes: