Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Intro Lounge (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Chevrolet Customer Care! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300498)

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 09:57 AM

Chevrolet Customer Care!

Hello C7 and Corvette Enthusiasts!

My name is Kelly and along with Marissa we will be your Chevrolet Customer Care Representatives for the Corvette 7 forum. Please reach out to us with any question you have. We are more than happy to help in any way we can! Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical advice or provide help with any DIY projects. We can help with warranty questions, locate your vehicle and check on your order status while you anticipate the arrival of your new family member. We are Corvette enthusiasts ourselves and are just as excited for the roll out of the new C7! Thank you in advance for welcoming us to your community.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lawdogg149 06-07-2013 10:27 AM

Perfect. Kelly could you describe the details of how a preorder for the 2014 corvette is handled. I have spoken with several dealerships that have given so much false info. First off when the dealer accepts the deposit do they not suppose to imput the order into the workbench and generate a order number. My dealer for instance took my deposit told me I was number 29 and never issued me a order number. Rick Hendrick Chevrolet surely has enough allotments to fill 29 orders. But salesman says the consense is next week in which he will know more. I have knowledge of the older system of order since ordered (2010 camaro, 2012 Z06, and 2011 ZR1) on all three I was issued a GM order number. Guess the biggest issue is can a dealer take a preorder deposit on a allotment that they dont have. Thats my biggest fear of waiting for a order that wont ever happen for a long time. thanks for your help

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 11:06 AM

Hi lawdogg,

Thank you for reaching out! The pre-order is different at each dealership. I made a call to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet to see how they are handling their orders. Good news is you are in the right spot! They have 34 allocated in the first wave. They will get their actual order number next month and will be getting those to the customers who have put down a deposit. Unfortunately you have the daunting task of sitting and waiting; but just think how beautiful she will look when you get her home!

Keep me posted when you do get your order number!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Rayo 06-07-2013 12:58 PM

Hello There, :)

Same situation here as Lawdogg, but they did give me an order number (RBSDWP, by the way) but my dealer (located at S.Antonio,TX -Freedom Chevrolet) told me I am #9 on their list but they have no further info. Its not a big dealer I think since when I put my order I only saw like 6 vettes for sale.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers

fjvette 06-07-2013 01:16 PM

Hello Kelly, thanks for the help.

Would you be able to retrieve current status for order RBFD1S ?

Thanks.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 01:26 PM

Hey Rayo,

First off nice picture of your Toys! I expect an updated photo with the C7 :) You're order has been accepted! Status: 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted on 5/20/13

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-07-2013 01:35 PM

Hey fyvette,

Of course! Your order status is 2000 Accepted by GM as of 6/7/13. Keep checking back for updates. Have a great day,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lawdogg149 06-07-2013 01:36 PM

So Kelly what seems to trigger the order number. I even have a friend that placed 14 preorders with all different dealerships and he received a order number for each. Im just confused that everyone that has placed a deposit has received the order number except me. I understand I must wait and that Im number 29 out of 34.

fjvette 06-07-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks Kelly J.

Rayo 06-07-2013 02:16 PM

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Sure I will, just hope I don't to wait too long :pout:

Thanks for the info, hopefully my order will move soon. What would be the next step for my order? Dont know for sure if it depends on the dealer or its up to GM?

Thanks for your time Kelly.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6641795)
Hey Rayo,

First off nice picture of your Toys! I expect an updated photo with the C7 :) You're order has been accepted! Status: 1100- Preliminary Order Accepted on 5/20/13

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

asptroopa1 06-09-2013 07:48 PM

Hey Kelly,

When you aren't too busy, could you check on mine? RCDCTT

Thanks

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 09:56 AM

Hi asptroopa1,

You are 3000 - Accepted by Production Control at this time. :)

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

dvdhotboy 06-10-2013 09:59 AM

hey kelly,

can you check mine also? rbgz61

thanks

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-10-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawdogg149 (Post 6641847)
So Kelly what seems to trigger the order number. I even have a friend that placed 14 preorders with all different dealerships and he received a order number for each. Im just confused that everyone that has placed a deposit has received the order number except me. I understand I must wait and that Im number 29 out of 34.

Hi lawdogg,

Sorry for the delay. There are a lot of factors that go into allocations and order numbers. Allocations were handed out to each specific dealership based on multiple factors. It could be the dealer knows their future allocation, but it's not yet able to place in the system and they are entering the orders in the system as allocation becomes available.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care