Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new challenger out early 2008!! will camaro be out then too! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670)

camarokev 02-16-2007 03:20 PM

new challenger out early 2008!! will camaro be out then too!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto...wmodels/35426/

i hope this means chevy will hurry up and get the camaro out to compete with it!!

Casull 02-16-2007 03:38 PM

Nowhere in that link does it say the Challenger will be out in early '08. It says the production version will be unveiled at the Chicago autoshow in Feb. of '08.

The Camaro is slated to be unveiled at the '08 NAIAS in January, but will not begin production until the end of '08. So I think they are on par with one another.

camarokev 02-16-2007 04:07 PM

oh i guess i never read into it. just the title

Casull 02-16-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarokev (Post 7226)
oh i guess i never read into it. just the title

lol.... its all good.

MaroMike 02-17-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7225)
Nowhere in that link does it say the Challenger will be out in early '08. It says the production version will be unveiled at the Chicago autoshow in Feb. of '08.

The Camaro is slated to be unveiled at the '08 NAIAS in January, but will not begin production until the end of '08. So I think they are on par with one another.

Correctamundo Casull. I'm still part of the Charger forums, I help "quietly" mod the site, great guys!! :)

The production version will be unveiled in Feb. 08, but it's still speculative as to just when in 08 that it will reach the show rooms!!

Regards to All!!!!

Mike

Mr. Wyndham 02-17-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

WHOA... WAIT A MINUTE!:eek:
The production Camaro is to be unveiled next year?
I didn't know that...hmm. I better pay more attention around here.:rolleyes:

Casull 02-17-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 7261)
WHOA... WAIT A MINUTE!:eek:
The production Camaro is to be unveiled next year?
I didn't know that...hmm. I better pay more attention around here.:rolleyes:

It was in an article floating around that had a quote from I believe Bob Lutz stating that they "hope' to have it ready for the unveiling at the '08 NAIAS....

I will try to find the article, but don't hold your breath... it was from a while back.

EllwynX 02-17-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7264)
It was in an article floating around that had a quote from I believe Bob Lutz stating that they "hope' to have it ready for the unveiling at the '08 NAIAS....

I will try to find the article, but don't hold your breath... it was from a while back.

Well, it stands to reason if it's going into production late next year to be on dealer lots early '09 they'd have a production version at next years shows.

Casull 02-17-2007 07:54 PM

I can't find it.... maybe I remember wrong, however I distinctly remember reading that. If I come across it I will post it.

Mr. Wyndham 02-17-2007 08:58 PM

If what we HAVE heard is true...We shouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two versions of the Car, well, except maybe the interior.

Scotsman 02-17-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 7267)
If what we HAVE heard is true...We shouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two versions of the Car, well, except maybe the interior.

Yep, GM has an excellent track record w/ concept to production design transition. Take a look @ th Solstice.

Casull 02-18-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 7267)

In terms of the exterior, I think it is a safe bet that the only changes we will see are the slight adjustments in the width and height of the car.

However, the interior is certain to change. I am very curious to see what the interior will look like when it is all said and done...

Dave McFly 02-18-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7282)
However, the interior is certain to change. I am very curious to see what the interior will look like when it is all said and done...

I am sure it will be full of GM's dipping into the part's bin, but as long as they use the current Z06's (and 2006 & up vettes as well) small sporty 3 spoke wheel and at least try to duplicate the shape of the dash and retain the lower console gauges i will be a happy camper :thumbup: .

Kenz Camaro 02-18-2007 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Casull;7282]In terms of the exterior, I think it is a safe bet that the only changes we will see are the slight adjustments in the width and height of the car.

Ya know, I gotta add, as much as I like them, I'm sure those mirrors aren't going to make it to production.:cry:
Ken