Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey guys (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725)

RamRod 03-06-2007 03:22 AM

Hey guys

First off, I wanna say that I am a first time poster, long time troller! You guys can call me by my User Name, or just Rod.

Well, I was just wondering what I would be expected to pay monthly for the new camaro if I threw down 15k as a down payment. My credit is above 700 and I am about to graduate college and my only bill will be paying back my student loans (minus the cost of utilities, food, cell phone, etc). I just got out of the Marines in 05, so I am pretty responsible. I am just trying to figure out what I will need to pay.

Oh and I will probably want the most horsepower that is available.

:headbang:

OverAnxious 03-06-2007 05:47 AM

Welcome :D

Moose 03-06-2007 07:21 AM

Welcome Rod! ;)

AS for your question, I don't have the "foggiest" idea! :D That's a difficult question to answer not having an idea on pricing for the new Camaro.

Ed

Casull 03-06-2007 07:55 AM

Hi Rod, Welcome to the site. You ill quickly learn that the people here are pretty friendly and very knowledgable! Glad to have you.

As for your question, since no one has any information whasoever on the pricing of the Camaro, nor which trim you would purchase, then it makes it difficult to say.

If you are wanting to get the top V-8, as most of us are :smoking: then it would not be unreasonable to expect a proce at or around $35k (maybe more, maybe less). Another factor are intrest rates. They will obviously not be the same when the Camaro comes out. Currently on car loans, they are around 7% on average. That would mean yo are looking at approximately a $400/mo car payment for a 5 year car loan.

Rock36 03-06-2007 09:06 AM

Hey Rod welcome. New guy here too.

Casull was right on with his estimate, but here is a link to a finance calculator so you can play around with the numbers.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loan-calculator.asp

It will calculate your expected loan payment based on financed amount, duration of loan, and interest rate.

Bart 03-06-2007 12:03 PM

Welcome to the boards from yet another newbie. Sure will be nice when we hear prices for the new camaro, cause we will be that much closer to being able to actually purchase one!

TAG UR IT 03-06-2007 12:40 PM

Welcome, Rod! Hope you enjoy your stay on the new site.

As for your question, it all depends on trim levels and price. Let's say you spend around 35. With a down payment of 15K, you would have to finance 20K. The next step is figuring out how many years you want to take paying that back. The more months you take, the lower the payment, but also the more payments you have to make. 72 months @ 6% would = $331. per month. Not bad if you ask me.

IROC'em 03-06-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamRod (Post 7886)
my only bill will be paying back my student loans (minus the cost of utilities, food, cell phone, etc). I just got out of the Marines in 05

First welcome. Second, why didnt the GI bill cover your college?

RamRod 03-06-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC'em (Post 7939)
First welcome. Second, why didnt the GI bill cover your college?

The GI Bill does not pay for your college. It instead gives a you a nice check each month. That check pays for part of college, rent, food, etc. On the plus side, I don't have to take out as much for loans. The GI Bill only lasts 3 years also. In Arizona, rent ain't cheap. LOL

Trying to keep a job that will always work with your school schedule is a bit tough, but not impossible. Past year I have taken around 16 credits a semester so I can graduate sooner.

RamRod 03-06-2007 05:19 PM

Thanks for the information guys. I am so excited and I can't wait to get this car!

IROC'em 03-06-2007 08:25 PM

The military always weasels their way out of stuff. Take an old ragged out car and throw a fresh paintjob on it and try to sell it.

maro&bird 03-06-2007 11:45 PM

one in paint shop .... one in storage

RamRod 03-07-2007 12:03 AM

Haha, that is so true man, so true.

IROC'em 03-07-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maro&bird (Post 7986)
one in paint shop .... one in storage

Wrong forum man lol.