Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Has anyone Seen It (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538)

Marosolid 01-18-2007 10:15 PM

Has anyone Seen It

5 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen the new maro up close and personal. I got a chance to drool on it in Frisco, Ca. at the Moscone Center. But don't worry I wiped it off before I took these pics on my cell.

OverAnxious 01-18-2007 11:08 PM

I've seen the Silver car a few times and the red mock up car a couple as well.
The Convertible was a sight in person at the NAIAS in Detroit this past weekend :D

TAG UR IT 01-19-2007 01:12 AM

I've seen the silver coupe at the Dallas show. I'll be going to the Houston show at the end of the month to see the vert.

Darn good pix for a cell phone!

rray200 01-24-2007 02:12 PM

I saw the red mock up car at the Montreal auto show this past weekend. Wicked looking. Looks lighter and smaller in person than in the pictures I see on the web. It should be lighter than the 4th gen LS1 with more power. Scary combination.

ChevyNut 01-24-2007 05:14 PM

dang it I still havent seen any of them that will hopefully change at the denver show this year

WMCC GETGONE 01-29-2007 07:36 PM

I've been lucky enough to be at the press intro last year for the silver coupe. I saw it again at the public days at NAIAS. I saw it a 3rd time at the production announcement at the GM Tech Center in August. I saw the "red roller" at the Detroit Autorama and again at the banquet at Camaro Superfest. I missed the vert since I couldn't find anyone to go with me to NAIAS this year since I had my car in the Grand Rapids Autorama the first weekend NAIAS was open.

Moose 01-29-2007 07:39 PM

I saw the silver concept at last years NYIAS as well as Carlisle. :thumbsup:

INCREDIBLE in person! :bow:

WMCC Doug 01-30-2007 12:53 AM

Like Wade, I was also lucky enough to be included in the small group of Camaro enthusiasts that were at the Camaro Concept unveiling in 2006. What an incredible experience. There were people in the crowd actually crying when the Concept drove down the isle in Cobo Hall.

We then went back to the NAIAS during the public days with a group of Club members. I got to see the silver Concept again almost every day during the Hot Rod Power Tour. Then again at the official production announcement ceremony back in Detroit.

We had the red glass version in our banquet at Camaro Superfest (along with a presentation by Scott Settlemire, and designers Tom Peters and Brian Smith).

The silver Concept was on display again at the Woodward Dream Cruise, and we made the trip across the State again a couple of weeks ago to see the Orange Convertible Concept.

I've been fortunate to be around the Concept a lot, and it just gets better looking every time I see it! :wub:

WMCC Gary 01-30-2007 08:16 AM

I have seen all but the Orange 'vert. The silver one at the NAIAS last year and the red one at Camaro Superfest. By the way :coolpics:

CamaroSCG 01-30-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMCC Gary (Post 5785)
I have seen all but the Orange 'vert. The silver one at the NAIAS last year and the red one at Camaro Superfest. By the way :coolpics:

Me too. I saw the silver one again at Carlisle, but somehow I missed seeing it on the Power Tour. :iono:

WMCC Al 01-30-2007 08:46 PM

I've seen the Silver, the Red, and the Hugger Orange 'vert! I want the Ragtop w/Pace Car stickers on it.:thumbup:

TAG UR IT 01-30-2007 11:38 PM

Well....I'm sitting here in Houston right now and we will be checking out the vert tomorrow. I can't freakin wait!!! My wife reminded me that she hasn't seen the concept in person before (she seriously looked excited) which is making the trip all that much more exciting. The computer I'm on is SNAIL slow....so I won't be posting any pix until after I get back to the house in San Antonio. I'll see if I can get some angles that haven't been taken before. One spot in particular I'll be focusing on is that gas cap location!!! I'm going to use a reference to see just how far it has moved over to the edge. Anyone going to see the silver coupe is going to have to do the same. We can get some GOOD measurements here to settle this thing for sure!!!

WMCC Doug 01-31-2007 03:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSCG (Post 5861)
Me too. I saw the silver one again at Carlisle, but somehow I missed seeing it on the Power Tour. :iono:

The Concept Camaro was in the GM Performance Display during the Power Tour. We bought our black Camaro Concept T-shirts on the first day in Orlando, FL. Here are some pics of the Concept getting unloaded and driven out for the Long Haulers Award Ceremony on the last day at English Town in New Jersey. :thumbup:

WMCC Gary 02-01-2007 10:22 AM

Doug I see Jan in that 1st Pic. I'm suprised she wasn't trying to borrow it. :laugh: