CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Why GM Is Killing The Chevy Camaro After 57 Years (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616839)

L2SS455 06-08-2023 12:52 AM

Why GM Is Killing The Chevy Camaro After 57 Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkiINnPuR_w

JoeCamaro444 06-08-2023 03:06 AM

Very good watch. Thank you for posting this. The Camaro will most certainly come back, but what it will look like…and sound like, is a mystery. Needless to say, it will never be the same as the long, badass run it’s had.

Wyzz Kydd 06-08-2023 04:38 AM

I need to buy shares in GM so I can be a part of the shareholder lawsuit when this blows up in GM’s face.

jamala00 06-08-2023 05:18 AM

I think gm has a part in killing off this site along with the 6th gen. This site is down more then it's available these days. The video was a good watch though.

Smokin19 06-08-2023 06:41 AM

The demise of the ICE Camaro as we know it can be traced directly to the the government. The EPA along with this administrations policy to eliminate fossil fuel is the driving force that ends Camaro production. When the government bailed out GM it's tentacles were already revealed in just what they could do to force change in automobile designs. Corporations cannot win against a government that uses the law to force compliance. Nothing the consumer does can stop this even with boycotting. Refuse to go along with EV's and the government will just raise the price of fuel to force compliance. So enjoy your Camaro for now knowing you can't win this fight.

Wyzz Kydd 06-08-2023 07:05 AM

The tree of liberty needs watering.

bigd1276 06-08-2023 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd (Post 11323688)
The tree of liberty needs watering.

From time to time

FarmerFran 06-08-2023 07:38 AM

Let's not forget it was put away for 8 years not so long ago.

bigd1276 06-08-2023 07:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So the government does play a part…

GM-ACE 06-08-2023 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin19 (Post 11323679)
The demise of the ICE Camaro as we know it can be traced directly to the the government. The EPA along with this administrations policy to eliminate fossil fuel is the driving force that ends Camaro production. When the government bailed out GM it's tentacles where already revealed in just what they could do to force change in automobile designs. Corporations cannot win against a government that uses the law to force compliance. Nothing the consumer does can stop this even with boycotting. Refuse to go along with EV's and the government will just raise the price of fuel to force compliance. So enjoy your Camaro for now knowing you can't win this fight.

Yeah, I'm not sure the government can be completely to blame here. After all, they didn't force GM into horrible business decisions(Lutz) that DID actually lead to a bankruptcy & begging for a bailout.

If anything, the trimming GM had to do, did lead to a leaner, better GM, IMO. Way too many cookie cutter models across the brands. And if memory serves, I believe they killed the F bodies in 2002 to get out of their agreement with Canada to produce the F bods only in Canada, at that outdated facility.:noidea:

arpad_m 06-08-2023 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd1276 (Post 11323699)
So the government does play a part…

Yeah, but this is nothing new, it's an Obama era regulation.

bigd1276 06-08-2023 08:20 AM

I wasn’t being partisan. Merely stating the government is dictating.

Wyzz Kydd 06-08-2023 08:35 AM

I'm completely non-partisan. I dislike all politicians as a matter of principle. I feel pretty much the same about 99% of federal government employees, excepting military.

I still recall setting a speed record for a cost benefit analysis (rebuilding a destroyed water treatment plant) for the US Army Corps of Engineers, and being told privately that I should have slowed down and used all the billable hours.

The idea that a government entity knows more about GM's business than GM does and could help them efficiently trim down is ludicrous.

Joshinator99 06-08-2023 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd (Post 11323725)
I'm completely non-partisan. I dislike all politicians as a matter of principle. I feel pretty much the same about 99% of federal government employees, excepting military.

I still recall setting a speed record for a cost benefit analysis (rebuilding a destroyed water treatment plant) for the US Army Corps of Engineers, and being told privately that I should have slowed down and used all the billable hours.

The idea that a government entity knows more about GM's business than GM does and could help them efficiently trim down is ludicrous.

Spot on :happy0180: