Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray Photos, Videos, Media (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Vote for the best C7 color of your choice! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280278)

Hancock 08-09-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 6876693)
if u always bet on black in would lose out in the end.. sometimes u have to bet red too..

It's the plastic black accents that kill me. I was leaning red, but for some reason the lower half of the rear, the black plastic around the tail lights, and even the very distracting "black" gap in between the hood and the rest of the beautiful shape of the front of the car, just became unbearable to me. I think the red is my favorite color by far, but I just can't do the plastic parts and the hood lines through the front kill it for me as well, so I chose black to have it all blend in and be uniform. Not to mention, for young and dumb folks like me, black cars will return laser readings several hundred feet after bright colors like red will, giving you extra seconds to see a patrol car and conform to the speed limit. The German Autobahn system is the safest highway network in the world. I'm not sure why "speeding" on limited access, multi-lane freeways is demonized here in the states, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

dhh62fuelie 08-09-2013 08:58 AM

Always loved deep blues, so NRB it is. LBT my next choice.

GQ4Life 08-09-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancock (Post 6877028)
It's the plastic black accents that kill me. I was leaning red, but for some reason the lower half of the rear, the black plastic around the tail lights, and even the very distracting "black" gap in between the hood and the rest of the beautiful shape of the front of the car, just became unbearable to me. I think the red is my favorite color by far, but I just can't do the plastic parts and the hood lines through the front kill it for me as well, so I chose black to have it all blend in and be uniform. Not to mention, for young and dumb folks like me, black cars will return laser readings several hundred feet after bright colors like red will, giving you extra seconds to see a patrol car and conform to the speed limit. The German Autobahn system is the safest highway network in the world. I'm not sure why "speeding" on limited access, multi-lane freeways is demonized here in the states, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

I chose grey but really like the red. I like how some black accent adds some color.
I don't excessive speed when other cars around.. I only have chose of endangering myself. I cant choose for others..

2cnd chance 08-09-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancock (Post 6877028)

The whole body is plastic (composite). :iono: If you like the monochromatic look, paint the black to match.

GQ4Life 08-09-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 6877869)
The whole body is plastic (composite). :iono: If you like the monochromatic look, paint the black to match.

the whole body not plastice.. the hood and roof are carbon fiber :sm0:

KJS 08-09-2013 01:37 PM

Laguna, Kalahari, LT2....can't wait

Hancock 08-09-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Lol im not thaaaat much of a stickler. It's close enough to me in the pictures. By plastic in my post, I mean the parts that wouldnt have been painted body color, and anyone not in the know, looking at the car, would easily identify as plastic.

And GQ, nor do I speed excessively around other traffic, I should have made that point as well.

GQ4Life 08-09-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJS (Post 6878488)
Laguna, Kalahari, LT2....can't wait

2LT:welcome:

GQ4Life 08-09-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancock (Post 6878519)

And GQ, nor do I speed excessively around other traffic, I should have made that point as well.

:clap2: :thumbsup:

2cnd chance 08-11-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 6877939)
the whole body not plastice.. the hood and roof are carbon fiber :sm0:

Isn't that a "composite" material? (See above). The base roof is not CF that is an option.

2cnd chance 08-11-2013 12:31 PM

I'm shocked that CGM is so far ahead. It is more of a dressy sedan color, not a sportscar color. :noidea:

GQ4Life 08-11-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 6885361)
Isn't that a "composite" material? (See above). The base roof is not CF that is an option.

Base roof is painted carbon fiber.. still carbon fiber under paint

2cnd chance 08-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 6885379)
Base roof is painted carbon fiber.. still carbon fiber under paint

Oh, that's cool! I'm surprised the visible CF roof is so much $. I guess it's the expensive clearcoat.

GQ4Life 08-11-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 6885654)
Oh, that's cool! I'm surprised the visible CF roof is so much $. I guess it's the expensive clearcoat.

Samething I said. Y not just get regular & take paint off but gm confirm painted one not perfect weaves.
Clear coat one they make sure perfect & looks good. So they say lol