Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Dashlogic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387649)

Emvici 12-09-2014 08:31 PM

Dashlogic

I purchased the dashlogic device a while ago, and although I liked it in general, the software wasn't quite ready for the 2014 model. Rather then return it, I decided I would wait for them to update the software (because I really do like the device). So I am wondering is anyone out there using the dashlogic device on a 2014 or newer?. Is it working without issues?.

elsololobo02 12-09-2014 09:12 PM

I have a 14 with my link. I really like the dash logic overall. The two issues with it for me are:

- when you want to use the navigation you have to press a few of the nav screen buttons first then input your destination. Otherwise I get a message saying
I need to disable turn by turn directions before I can use the nav feature.

- When I do the above and the nav is navigating the audio system mutes completely. Turning the volume up on audio screen or steering controls will not work thus not being able to hear the radio, music or turn by turn. As long as I'm not using navigation the audio works fine. I have the latest version of firmware installed as well.

I really like what the dash logic provides and hope the company is able to work out further bugs.

Camero5 12-09-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsololobo02 (Post 8105790)
I have a 14 with my link. I really like the dash logic overall. The two issues with it for me are:

- when you want to use the navigation you have to press a few of the nav screen buttons first then input your destination. Otherwise I get a message saying
I need to disable turn by turn directions before I can use the nav feature.

- When I do the above and the nav is navigating the audio system mutes completely. Turning the volume up on audio screen or steering controls will not work thus not being able to hear the radio, music or turn by turn. As long as I'm not using navigation the audio works fine. I have the latest version of firmware installed as well.

I really like what the dash logic provides and hope the company is able to work out further bugs.

That's an issue in all year models. I called Palmer about it and it is not really a bug for them since the device uses the navi system to communicate the data.

That's how I understood it.

vatechguy3 12-10-2014 05:55 AM

So i do not have navigation in mine.

Any issues i could expect with the standard radio?

Tony

camguynj 12-10-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatechguy3 (Post 8106110)
So i do not have navigation in mine.

Any issues i could expect with the standard radio?

Tony

I don't have Navi either and no audio problems; however I'm running software version v1.15 as I couldn't get Dashlogic to work with any other version on my '13. Palmer made a major software change after v1.15 for the '14s that affected how it works on '10-13s. Is anyone with a '10-'13 using the latest version v1.18 without any problems?

SCHUSS 12-10-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8106119)
I don't have Navi either and no audio problems; however I'm running software version v1.15 as I couldn't get Dashlogic to work with any other version on my '13. Palmer made a major software change after v1.15 for the '14s that affected how it works on '10-13s. Is anyone with a '10-'13 using the latest version v1.18 without any problems?

I have a 13' with Nav and running v1.18, the nav screen doesn't work but the DIC and HUD works fine.

Emvici 12-10-2014 07:27 AM

Schuss, when you say the Nav. screen doesn't work. What exactly is happening with the nav. screen?.

SCHUSS 12-10-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emvici (Post 8106167)
Schuss, when you say the Nav. screen doesn't work. What exactly is happening with the nav. screen?.

The info from the dashlogic doesn't work. The radio and all works, not sure about navigation, haven't used them at the same time. The dash logic just shows a box in the lower right corner of the screen, say's something too, just can't remember what.

wirebender 12-10-2014 08:00 AM

Nothing new. See this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370496
Been waiting a long time for bug fixes....trans temp reads 32F half the time...and others already noted. Absolutely NO contact from them after rushing v18a to us.......:(

Camero5 12-10-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wirebender (Post 8106205)
Nothing new. See this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370496
Been waiting a long time for bug fixes....trans temp reads 32F half the time...and others already noted. Absolutely NO contact from them after rushing v18a to us.......:(

I believe that trans issue was corrected? I have a 13 ZL1 and no issues with the trans temp on mine.

I have Navi and when the dash logic is connected it is using the onstar to display the data. When using onstar navi, you cannot use the mylink navi. When you attempt to, you get a message to turn off the onstar turn by turn.

wirebender 12-10-2014 11:35 AM

^maybe on yours and that's great, however not here...maybe because I don't have the nav system????? As I said before, GREAT concept and product....just poor customer service getting these bugs fixed. It's like they tried and then gave up, however I really don't know what's going on as I have had no response from them since they sent me
v18a and I let them know still has bugs. Glad yours is bug free.

BaylorCamaro 12-10-2014 12:44 PM

The nav issue is my only gripe. But I rarely use nav so not that big of a deal.

hawk02 12-10-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHUSS (Post 8106159)
I have a 13' with Nav and running v1.18, the nav screen doesn't work but the DIC and HUD works fine.

I have the same problem with v1.18a on my '13 without Nav.

The parameters show up on the MyLink display about once in every 20 starts. I inactivated the MyLink (HUD and DIC only) in the configuration but that caused the dreaded "Unknown Location" error on the DIC. For now I have all three display areas active, but on each profile the MyLink is set to display no parameters. This seems to make the Dashlogic the happiest.

camguynj 12-10-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk02 (Post 8106797)
I have the same problem with v1.18a on my '13 without Nav.

The parameters show up on the MyLink display about once in every 20 starts. I inactivated the MyLink (HUD and DIC only) in the configuration but that caused the dreaded "Unknown Location" error on the DIC. For now I have all three display areas active, but on each profile the MyLink is set to display no parameters. This seems to make the Dashlogic the happiest.

How did you get v1.18a? Also, did you ever install v1.18 ... if so what problem/what was the difference between the two versions?