Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Road&Track Jan. 07 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370)

Moose 12-01-2006 01:44 PM

Road&Track Jan. 07

So, I received my new R&T and I'm reading the 'Ampersand' section, where new vehicles are commented on by a Mr. Mike Monticello.
Mr. Monticello raves about the styling of this...http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/i...2006144944.jpg...while calling the styling of the concept Camaro "unimaginative".

So, I wrote him. :mad: Let's see if my comments will make the February issue. :mad:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Concerning Honda's 'Remix' concept and Mr. Monticello's comments applauding Honda's effort's while accusing the Chevrolet Camaro as "being unimaginative", may I point out that the inspiration for the new Camaro, in addition to the 1969 model, was the C6 Corvette and YF22 Raptor jet fighter airplane, two of America's most successful and impressive piece's of machinery.

Honda's 'Remix' concept looks to have taken it's inspiration from Ford (the front grill), and MOPAR (for the PT Cruiser inspired rear fender's, and Sweden, for it look's like a clog to me.

Having witnessed grown men cry at the unveiling of the concept Camaro in Detroit, as well as experience people running to the Camaro concept display at the NYIAS, I would say "being unimaginative" may not be a bad thing.

Chevrolet has evoked tears of joy with the return of one of it's most treasured models, while at Honda, the tears, not necessarily of joy, are a result of Honda combining one of it's more successful models, the CRX, with a PT Cruiser. I doubt they're tears of joy.

Man! He got my blood boiling! :mad:

KILLER74Z28 12-01-2006 01:49 PM

:clap: I can not wait to see what BS response he shoots you back.

Tran 12-01-2006 02:20 PM

:laughabove: :laughabove: Camaro fans unite! :thumbsup: to moose for giving him a piece of our minds.

Urthman 12-01-2006 06:53 PM

I think your response is well said and respectful at the same time as demeaning his opinion of the Camaro's great design.

Good job. I hope they print it.

alleykt123 12-01-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 3375)
Honda's 'Remix' concept looks … like a clog to me.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/i...2006144944.jpg

:laughabove: :bellyroll: :thanks:

TAG UR IT 12-02-2006 01:55 AM

Very nice response, Moose. I can't believe he would be so bold as to trash the Camaro like that. I'm looking forward to his response...if he's got the guts to respond. I hope it gets printed and there are more to go along w/ yours.

alleykt123 12-02-2006 11:17 PM

I just got back from the LA Auto Show where i got to encounter the Remix in person…

I just stood there and laughed because IT LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGIN' CLOG!!!

My bro had to drag me away because I just couldn't stop pointing and laughing, saying "It's a CLOG!!"

Thanks Moose, I almost got the bum's rush outta the show! :D

Moose 12-04-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleykt123 (Post 3402)
I just got back from the LA Auto Show where i got to encounter the Remix in person…

My bro had to drag me away because I just couldn't stop pointing and laughing, saying "It's a CLOG!!"

Thanks Moose, I almost got the bum's rush outta the show! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thanks:

boxmonkeyracing 12-04-2006 06:20 PM

hey guys this is such a great concept. it fits like a good shoe. . .that could be the slogan. (btw I hate the concept. hate a lot of jap traps).

LowRider 12-05-2006 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=alleykt123;3402]I just got back from the LA Auto Show where i got to encounter the Remix in person…

Thanks Moose, I almost got the bum's rush outta the show!

Nice one Alleykt I would have probably let a old pair of my gym shoes their at it.:bs: This guy says alot of bs. I can't wait to see what he sends back but oh well f*** it lets just over look him. He is just pissed because GM made a better concept than his will ever be.:bs:

alleykt123 12-05-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowRider (Post 3481)
Nice one Alleykt I would have probably let a old pair of my gym shoes their at it.:bs: This guy says alot of bs. I can't wait to see what he sends back but oh well f*** it lets just over look him. He is just pissed because GM made a better concept than his will ever be.:bs:

LOL!!

Well, enough people around me at the show heard my clog comments, so you know that's gonna stick in some minds and the damage will be done! :evil:

I know - BAD kitty!

Moose 12-06-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleykt123 (Post 3496)
LOL!!

Well, enough people around me at the show heard my clog comments, so you know that's gonna stick in some minds and the damage will be done! :evil:

I know - BAD kitty!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

LowRider 12-06-2006 10:44 AM

Ya I am sure you done some damage there w/his concept.

Moose 02-01-2007 07:56 PM

:clap: Well, they printed my editorial! :eek:

It's in the March issue of Road & Track, under 'Your Turn', pg. 32. :D