Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Why no turn signal indicator in the outside mirrors or front fenders?? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297445)

Brick Man 05-23-2013 11:07 PM

Why no turn signal indicator in the outside mirrors or front fenders??

This is my one disappointment in the new C7.

Why doesn't this car come with a turn indicator in the outside rear view mirrors, or at least a turn signal indicator in the front fenders, like they have been doing for *years* on the export Corvette models. :noidea:

A good friend bought a new 2013 Honda Accord 4-door yesterday and even that car has turn signals in the outside rearview mirrors! :mad0260:

I wish Chevrolet would include these in the C-7. Any comments? Does anyone else on this forum wish the Corvette had these?

FenwickHockey65 05-23-2013 11:47 PM

Meh. They aren't necessary.

Longbow 05-24-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6582527)
Meh. They aren't necessary.

Concur:amen:

Jerry U 05-24-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Man (Post 6582424)

Why doesn't this car come with a turn indicator in the outside rear view mirrors, or at least a turn signal indicator in the front fenders, like they have been doing for *years* on the export Corvette models. :noidea:

A good friend bought a new 2013 Honda Accord 4-door yesterday and even that car has turn signals in the outside rearview mirrors! :mad0260:

I wish Chevrolet would include these in the C-7. Any comments? Does anyone else on this forum wish the Corvette had these?

I agree, It's nice for folks on the highway to know what your about to do! :faint:

volsfan0911 05-24-2013 09:38 PM

I think mirror mounted signals should be mandatory here as well. Don't know if the export mirrors will be interchangeable with our domestic version - if so, I'm swapping. If not? Still buying the car. $0.02

jsvette 05-25-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Man (Post 6582424)

Because by the time anyone noticed your signal you'd be soooo far gone down the road :smoking:

Frankster80 05-25-2013 04:24 PM

I agree, they'd be nice to have, but I don't find them necessary.

Panhandle96CE 05-29-2013 01:51 PM

I think the side turn signals are integrated into the side marker light at the front edge of the wheel wells.

LOWDOWN 05-29-2013 04:05 PM

I thought using turn signals in North America had been BANNED...no one seems to use 'em, here...

Brick Man 09-16-2013 11:36 PM

Ah, Ha! Here it is!!

From the Frankfurt Auto Show, the export version of the convertible Corvette has turn indicators in the exterior rear view mirrors, as well as fluid washers for the headlights...!

I wish that GM would offer this as an option for U.S. models, even if it were at an extra cost.

(I remember going to Bowling Green several years ago, and looking for the export cars, to see how they handled the amber rear turn signal requirements as well as the side marker requirements)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EuTsbyUHujM

At least the U.S. version finally gets amber turn signals for the rear lights, as standard equipment :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RockDogz 09-17-2013 08:39 AM

I am not seeing the value of that -vs- the cost.

DevonK 09-19-2013 11:18 AM

Really? People can't see the value of this, especially on a low-slung car like a Vette? It's pretty obvious to anyone who drives in traffic on a freeway where other cars can block your view of someone's turn signals.

A scenario: Say there is someone beside you on the freeway (passenger side) and you are accelerating ahead of him and want to move to his lane. Half a car length ahead of him on his right, another car also going faster than him has signaled that he is going to enter the lane to his left -- right where you plan to go. If he does not have turn indicators on his mirrors you are not going to know that because you can't see his other turn signals - they are blocked by the car to your immediate right. The result has a small chance of being quite nasty if one or both of you are driving aggressively.

Another thing - the Euro standards require better side mirrors, the ones on the NA Vette are far too tiny given the atrocious rear visibility on this car--they should really be illegal.

Brick Man 09-19-2013 04:13 PM

I drive mostly at night, due to when I am scheduled to work, so the more lights, the better!However, when I buy my new Corvette, it will have 4X the hp of my current car, so I will probably rely on my right foot when changing lanes to complement the use of my turn signal.

MB1 09-21-2013 05:38 PM

You gotta give them something to improve in future years. I know they'll add in in 2015 and beyond but I'm not waiting for features like this. I like what I've seen so far enough to place my order.