Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Color Combination Override (option D30) (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378055)

AUX_man 09-19-2014 05:39 PM

Color Combination Override (option D30)

I am anticipating ordering my C7 soon.
Among other options I would like “Laguna Blue Tintcoat” with “Adrenaline Red Interior”.
My dealer says the factory will not allow him to order those colors together.

The Chevy “Build your Own” website says:
Adding the Adrenaline Red, Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces will change the following:
Add - Color Combination Override - Price Change$590.

Which is correct? And if I can place the order with my choices and the Override, what should I tell the dealer?

Stingray 09-19-2014 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your dealer is incorrect. Tell them exactly what you did on the build your own website which is correct.... show him proof it's possible via color override such as this:

purpleRac3r 09-20-2014 05:48 AM

My guess is the dealer either doesn't really know how to use the order desk, or they are reluctant to consider it due to fear of getting stuck with a car with non-recommended colors. Its possible some when in the past they did a color override, then once the car was built the deal fell through for whatever reason, and they got stuck with a car they had trouble selling.

Keep working on then until they relent, or find a more willing dealer.

AUX_man 10-09-2014 07:30 PM

Many Thanks – especially to “BeckyD”.
And also to “Stingray” and “purpleRac3r”.

You helped my dealer see the light.

My Z51 has been ordered !!!!!!!!
With Laguna Blue & Adrenaline Red

:happyanim:

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 10-10-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUX_man (Post 8000203)
Many Thanks – especially to “BeckyD”.
And also to “Stingray” and “purpleRac3r”.

You helped my dealer see the light.

My Z51 has been ordered !!!!!!!!
With Laguna Blue & Adrenaline Red

:happyanim:

Awesome!!!!

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

...:thanks: for the :thanks:...!!!

See you on the ..."Tracking Thread..."
:thumbsup:

:becky:

Becky

AUX_man 03-07-2015 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After a long, but worthwhile wait, I picked up the car today.

Thanks again to "Stingray", "purpleRac3r", and of course "Becky D".

Here's a quick pic I took this afternoon.

purpleRac3r 03-08-2015 09:23 AM

Wow! That is quite striking! Turned out better than I felt it would. I think the silver stripes really add to the look. Well done! Glad to see your dealer pulled through for you. Congratulations!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-09-2015 09:44 AM

:faint: .........Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!.... :faint:

:thanks: for the kind words!!!!

Enjoy & Have Fun!!!!
:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

:becky:
Becky

EcoBrick Bob 03-11-2015 07:40 PM

Stingray Chevy in FL had a new Z06 in LB with RED interior for sale last month.
Also had silver wheels. Looked good! Have also seen VY new Vettes with Red interior and Calipers.

Personally, I like Black inside... but that's just me. Would like a slightly darker red, more cherry, but not burgundy. Then I would have gotten that with Black or white outside.

Being the senior citizen and very conservative, here is a pix of my new Z51.
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...309_161607.jpg

What are MODs anyway???? LOL

lamjoh 03-11-2015 08:12 PM

are you windows tinted? what level?

EcoBrick Bob 03-11-2015 10:24 PM

Yes they are. The front is Clear with UV protection. All the rest are Florida Legal, which is a medium tint. Most people get the rear quarter windows and rear window in a darker tint, but I felt that would have been too dark, especially on the rear. My G8 has similar tint on the front side windows but darker on the rear sides and back, which is perfect on that car and most others.

For anyone interested, the A-pillars were painted and purchased by RPI designs. The glass top uses Yellow Vinyl on the sides from Tapeworks in the Carolinas. They also supplied the black for the cross bow between the rear window and the top. I have installed the Z06 Grille and front splitter. Took about 1/2 hr to remove clip and replace the grille element. Took 2 of us to easily snap the clip back together. Between that and splitter, perhaps another 1/2 hr, as we had to jack the front up to drill the holes for the pop rivets and screw in the back, using the stock screws. Also installed a 160 deg T-stat when clip was off. Very easy! There is a plastic valve to drain the radiator. Removed about a gallon of anti-freeze, replaced the T-stat, poured the gallon slowly back in while burping the air out by squeezing the top
radiator hose. Piece of cake!

The side skirts and painted mud guards also came from RPI Designs.