Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray Photos, Videos, Media (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Nice Surprise (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304223)

bluec5 06-26-2013 04:56 PM

Nice Surprise

1 Attachment(s)
I have been hoping to get a live look at the Laguna Blue C7 for quite some time as I placed my order for this color based soley on the images I have found on the web. Well, went to Skyline in Troy, Ohio today for lunch and guess what I found. A Laguna Blue C7 on its way to the NCM. My lucky day and I made the right color choice.
A special thanks to Harlan for his patience with me; clearly a great guy.:thumbsup:

asptroopa1 06-26-2013 05:17 PM

Nice looking ride- you're lucky to have caught him.

Brick Man 06-26-2013 06:17 PM

Ugh, this makes it tough!

I thought I has settled on Crystal Red Metallic, however, this blue sure looks nice...:drool:

I guess I will just have to buy several new 'Vettes, one for each color that I like!

bluec5 06-26-2013 09:06 PM

I was very lucky. They were just about to leave as I pulled up. I really appreciate that he took the time to show me the car. I thank my son for suggesting we go to Skyline for lunch.

bluec5 06-26-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Man (Post 6719979)
I thought I has settled on Crystal Red Metallic, however, this blue sure looks nice...:drool:

I guess I will just have to buy several new 'Vettes, one for each color that I like!

That is the spirit, you can never have too many Corvettes.

AZCamaroFan 06-26-2013 10:28 PM

lucky. what was your impression in person compared to pictures?

bluec5 06-27-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan (Post 6721438)
lucky. what was your impression in person compared to pictures?

Photos do not do this car justice in my opinion. The lines of the body and the color play together in a way you cannot appreciate without seeing it in person. I have always felt that you could not beat the styling of the C2, but I think I have a new favorite. I was also concerned that the rear was too busy, but I was wrong. I think it is perfect especially with the larger tips of the NPP exhaust. I have normally not been impresses with factory wheels with the exception if the 2008 split spike, but these wheels are styled to complement the car nicely. Wish my budget would accommodate the Z51 option with the chrome wheels. Lastly, while I did not sit in the car, the interior was very nice as well. I was impressed that he was able to stow the top while carrying a boot full of luggage. I cannot wait for mine to arrive. I am now completely OK with having sold my Nassau Blue 99 to buy this car.

Frankster80 06-27-2013 02:10 PM

BLUEC5 - I too also ordered the blue just based on the pictures from the internet, however I am not as lucky to have seen one in person. Your thoughts on it confirms to me that I also made a good choice. It appears that the interior is grey, is this correct, and how did it look with the blue? I went with the grey interior as well, and splurged a little and got the black rims to top it all off!

bluec5 06-27-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankster80 (Post 6723989)
BLUEC5 - I too also ordered the blue just based on the pictures from the internet, however I am not as lucky to have seen one in person. Your thoughts on it confirms to me that I also made a good choice. It appears that the interior is grey, is this correct, and how did it look with the blue? I went with the grey interior as well, and splurged a little and got the black rims to top it all off!

It did have the grey interior and I thought it looked really good with the Laguna Blue; almost enough to change my order. I ordered the Kalahari interior.
My C5 had the Platinum interior and I wanted something differ this time. I hope I am as pleased with the interior as I was the exterior.
I think you will be very happy with your choices.

Hancock 06-27-2013 05:47 PM

My order is currently in for a black interior in my black car.. im worried that I will hate the lack of contrast. I haven't seen any of the grey interior pictures. Do you have any other photos of the interior? I'd love to see it. I didn't have the money to go 2LT for the Kalahari interior, and the red seems a little too ostentatious for me.

Frankster80 06-27-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluec5 (Post 6724534)
It did have the grey interior and I thought it looked really good with the Laguna Blue; almost enough to change my order. I ordered the Kalahari interior.
My C5 had the Platinum interior and I wanted something differ this time. I hope I am as pleased with the interior as I was the exterior.
I think you will be very happy with your choices.

Thanks, much appreciated! The anticipation is killing me

bluec5 07-02-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancock (Post 6724834)
My order is currently in for a black interior in my black car.. im worried that I will hate the lack of contrast. I haven't seen any of the grey interior pictures. Do you have any other photos of the interior? I'd love to see it. I didn't have the money to go 2LT for the Kalahari interior, and the red seems a little too ostentatious for me.

Sorry, I do not have any other photos of the interior. IMHO the interior looks better with the contrasting colors. I think the black would look great with red seats. I had actually considered the red seats for mine, but decided I really did not want to deal with the inevitable superman references.

Hancock 07-03-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluec5 (Post 6745211)
Sorry, I do not have any other photos of the interior. IMHO the interior looks better with the contrasting colors. I think the black would look great with red seats. I had actually considered the red seats for mine, but decided I really did not want to deal with the inevitable superman references.

I went ahead and got the red interior. My custom plates I just ordered are SKYWLKR, and my wife's say AMIDALA, so I welcome any references made lol.

bluec5 07-03-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancock (Post 6746049)
I went ahead and got the red interior. My custom plates I just ordered are SKYWLKR, and my wife's say AMIDALA, so I welcome any references made lol.

I think you will be very happy with this combo. Can't wait to see photos of your Starfighter.:thumb: