Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Great Article: Paying Homage to the Past while Leaping Forward (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280200)

ec1990 01-22-2013 01:27 PM

Great Article: Paying Homage to the Past while Leaping Forward

Article

Highlights :

"the 100,000 mile warranty covers track use! (Take that Nissan, for equipping your cars with a launch control system…that voids the warranty!) Of course, they don’t want you chipping the ECU, or bolting on a set of Hoosiers. The warranty is only valid for the car as delivered."

"(
Gauge cluster configuration)is a configurable display setup, that yes, can be set to mimic an analog tach!"

http://goaheadtakethewheel.com/rwrt/...97-300x225.jpg

"All doors are adjusted in their opening on the assembly line for perfect joining gaps, and if the interior panel, which is usually fixed to the door doesn’t match the dash by as little as 1/16th of an inch, drivers will notice it in an instant. Helen did something that is unheard of at GM. She invited the manufacturing engineers up to the studio and asked them for a solution."

"
To my eye, the only ‘miss’ is the steering wheel, which is actually aluminum. But due to glare issues, it’s anodized a dark grey, which is a shame because it just doesn’t ‘read’ as aluminum. I wondered out loud if a milled section or edge to reveal the core aluminum might help. Turns out I hit a moving target, and Helen suggested I hold off final judgment as the preproduction car we were in wasn’t finalized in that particular area.

FenwickHockey65 01-22-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

"To my eye, the only ‘miss’ is the steering wheel, which is actually aluminum. But due to glare issues, it’s anodized a dark grey, which is a shame because it just doesn’t ‘read’ as aluminum. I wondered out loud if a milled section or edge to reveal the core aluminum might help. Turns out I hit a moving target, and Helen suggested I hold off final judgment as the preproduction car we were in wasn’t finalized in that particular area.
For whoever was asking what GM means by "Pre-production model shown. Production car may vary," this is what they meant.

CamaroSkooter 01-22-2013 02:23 PM

Meaning a few things will be tweaked here and there.

Kind of like ABL on the Camaros... :scared0016:

GaBoy25 01-22-2013 04:47 PM

Another reason to convince the dictator to let me track it.

Love that freaking cubby hole!

Gohan 01-27-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

"the 100,000 mile warranty covers track use!
How's that for standing behind your product and encouraging owners to use C7 up to its abilities! Go :chevy:

And that's a useful USB port behind the nav screen.

volsfan0911 02-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 5225)
How's that for standing behind your product and encouraging owners to use C7 up to its abilities! Go :chevy:

I'm just very thankful they didn't copy Caddy with the capacitive buttons (which don't work worth a damn and are hard to use in a moving car :noidea: ). Test drove an ATS and although I loved a lot of things about the car, CUE was NOT one of them.:sorry: This is one case where Chevy did a much better job with MyLink, I hate the touch screen in my VW because it's slow and laggy. If the C7 has the same interface and hardware as the last Malibu I had for a rental? Then it's all good. And the USB port is awesome. Plug in your phone and then shut the door. Phone is out of sight, not rattling around loose in a cupholder :D, the voice commands work well and the media interface is really good. Only downside was it didn't charge my Galaxy Note 2 quickly but that's really more the phone (3100 mamph battery so needs a high current car charging setup) than the car's fault.

Camaro_Corvette 02-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorvetteSkooter (Post 3070)
Meaning a few things will be tweaked here and there.

Kind of like ABL on the Camaros... :scared0016:

Don't get me started:doh:

FenwickHockey65 02-11-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volsfan0911 (Post 7010)
I'm just very thankful they didn't copy Caddy with the capacitive buttons (which don't work worth a damn and are hard to use in a moving car :noidea: ). Test drove an ATS and although I loved a lot of things about the car, CUE was NOT one of them.:sorry: This is one case where Chevy did a much better job with MyLink, I hate the touch screen in my VW because it's slow and laggy. If the C7 has the same interface and hardware as the last Malibu I had for a rental? Then it's all good. And the USB port is awesome. Plug in your phone and then shut the door. Phone is out of sight, not rattling around loose in a cupholder :D, the voice commands work well and the media interface is really good. Only downside was it didn't charge my Galaxy Note 2 quickly but that's really more the phone (3100 mamph battery so needs a high current car charging setup) than the car's fault.

You just have to know how to use it. Our head editor at GMI has had zero problems using CUE in his ATS. Volt has touch capacitive buttons as well and nobody complains about those.

guiLT 02-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 5225)

I agree. It shows that Chevrolet knows the Corvette can handle it. Which should make the buyer even more satisfied.

Tony Alonso 02-11-2013 10:00 PM

Interesting to hear about the warranty covering track use...just don't wad it up in turn 1 when you come flying down the straightway :)

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 7153)
Interesting to hear about the warranty covering track use...just don't wad it up in turn 1 when you come flying down the straightway :)

Warranty does not cover ADS. (Accidental dumbass syndrome)

Tony Alonso 02-11-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 7159)
Warranty does not cover ADS. (Accidental dumbass syndrome)

Which is why I hope we don't hear about someone saying "well, I had the Driver Mode Selector turned to 'track' so I thought I was safe from crashing!" :)

GaBoy25 02-11-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 7162)
Which is why I hope we don't hear about someone saying "well, I had the Driver Mode Selector turned to 'track' so I thought I was safe from crashing!" :)

Hopefully im not that guy :lol: