Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Rev Match Question (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280264)

ec1990 01-25-2013 10:23 PM

Rev Match Question

So now that the manual has a rev match feature maybe someone with a 370z can answer this.

Is there a safety mechanism that prevents it from over-revving? Say for example you're going 70 and go to downshift to 3rd but put it in 1st, will it over-rev itself trying to rev match or will the computer step in and not allow it to rev match? Granted I figure there's nothing that can be done to prevent you trying to going into that gear if you still shift and seeing shiny metal pieces fly everywhere.

mlee 01-25-2013 11:31 PM

Not sure how the rev matching works, but the ZL1 has no lift shift which means gas on the floor all the time. Motor will only rev to the limiter during your shift. Pretty much a fail safe if you're a slow shifter.

I use it all the time and it works great.

GaBoy25 01-25-2013 11:38 PM

Im at a loss as well.

Dummies like me need these safeguards....Murphys law at work.

OctaneZ28 01-26-2013 12:02 AM

The rev limiter will step in to prevent over-revving.
I believe there's a set range of RPMs that it will rev match in (but don't quote me on that), not below the range and not above the rev limiter.

C7Z51 02-01-2013 11:16 PM

If your go from 3rd to 2nd instead of 3rd to 5th at WOT. No rev limiter will protect you. As I read it, it won't let you make that mistake

tramtwo 02-07-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4753)
Not sure how the rev matching works, but the ZL1 has no lift shift which means gas on the floor all the time. Motor will only rev to the limiter during your shift. Pretty much a fail safe if you're a slow shifter.

I use it all the time and it works great.

So are you a slow or just lazy? :D

The is one tech feature I'd like to see make its way to the Camaro. I have tried blipping the throttle to rev match and I am not good at it.... I keep trying.

ec1990 02-08-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6752)

The is one tech feature I'd like to see make its way to the Camaro. I have tried blipping the throttle to rev match and I am not good at it.... I keep trying.

Just takes practice, it's a pretty minor movement so just practice if you over-blip the throttle just keep the clutch in for half a second longer until the RPM's drop. Or you could try seeing how much throttle movement gives a certain response, so how much does it take to raise form 2000 to 3000 RPM's, etc...

mikeyg36 02-19-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6752)

I agree, I'm not that great with rev matches on the Camaro.

volsfan0911 03-29-2013 10:02 PM

I'm a terrible granny shifting fool. As far as downshifting into 1st rather than 3rd? Never done that one. You'd have to be trashed or severely distracted IMHO to not tell you're in 1st rather than 3rd :facepalm: The fuel cut-off hopefully will save your ass but that would be a nasty sound (and horrible feeling probably as you realize you just grenaded your motor). People tell me that heel & toe work is just a matter of practice but I have relatively small feet (size 8) and most cars I've driven in the past weren't really blessed with pedals well positioned for me to learn this skill.

No lift shifting would scare the hell out of me. :faint: I've been in a Cobalt SS with the driver using that feature - it was fast but damn I thought the powertrain was a goner. Chevy swears the motor will handle it though and if you watch the ZL1 instructional video, it stresses that you need to stay 100% in the throttle and quickly jab the clutch to make the system work as advertised. IIRC. Personally, I don't foresee myself making any no lift shifts. Although, ironically, it would be nice on my GTI since it would allow me to stay in the boost on upshifts. But I don't drag race it so not a big deal for me right now.