Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

BLU DUCE 10-15-2016 08:30 AM

Don't make a big mistake like I did. I had the Expel put on a little expensive. I learned the hard way. Took the camaro in had the pieces put on the pillars,mirrors,6 inches on the roof over the top of the windshield,rockers,driving & headlights, full front fascia.

This product is very strong against stone chips. My whole rant on this is they had a person put it on that had never done it. They did not have a decaminated area like a paint booth to do this in. And all these pieces are pre-cut on a machine.

When I went to pick the car up I inspected every inch of it. I have a very short fuse temper I expect perfection for my money. The clear shield had little white spots under it on the pillars,rockers,& the piece across the roof. They told me the spots would work their way out in a couple of days.

Well after fighting them for 2 years they finally changed the pieces. But guess what
same situation. Dirt specs under the E-xpel again and no clean area to do the job. They had a fan going which is blowing dust all over the place. I won't mention the place on here cause of law action going on now.

70rsz28 10-15-2016 03:13 PM

Spike III. Sorry to here this , i am sure that most of us would have had the same reaction .. hopefully it works out for you

RubyCamaro 10-15-2016 11:30 PM

The guy that did mine is pretty good. I too get a little irritated because he does not shut the garage doors & it was windy. He however uses a solution to keep washing under the film while he is applying it. He was just in an international competition the week before he did mine. I have not found any trash & only one small bubble. He said come back by & he will remove the bubble with a syringe.

RubyCamaro 10-16-2016 11:14 AM

Well, SSlayer took down 3 more V8's in our MCCC Fall Brawl Drag race event. 2 5th Gen SS's & a 4th gen turbocharged Firebird. I did not finish in the top 3 however. I did get a trophy for 3rd place in the car show in the 5th & 6th gen class without even cleaning her up. I did not think officers would be in the car show competition as we usually are not. Sad part is I am no longer a club officer in the club I got started. Most of my supporters ended up quitting the club. Drama sucks. Very sad day. My computer is acting up so maybe I will post up some pics/videos when we are both having a better day. :(

70rsz28 10-16-2016 11:23 AM

Congrats Jan ! I am sure you had fun at the drag races .

69supersport396 10-17-2016 11:29 AM

Hope all gets straightened out Spike.

Congrats Jan.

Busy weekend! Lots of chores around the house got done, and I did manage to cruise on Friday and Saturday nights. Here is a link to the Saturday Night Cruise.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...170#Post676170

Since I was so busy Sunday, Claire got some Olive Garden take-out, and we opened a bottle of wine. What a great dinner!

RubyCamaro 10-19-2016 07:56 PM

I am no longer associated with Music City Camaro Club. Sad day but I am at peace with it. I started me a new Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/midtnautoenthusiasts/

I will be headed up to Bowling Green, KY this weekend to the Import Alliance Meet at Beech Bend. It is like LS Fest for Imports. Going to get BlackWidow on the track for the first time. It is looking like prefect weather for some racing!

69supersport396 10-20-2016 01:23 AM

Do I get to like your page? I'm full of drama and hate. :laughabove:

Trickskier 10-20-2016 10:34 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Well we're in the homestretch. After almost 5 months without a kitchen all that's left to do now is the backsplash. Here's some before and after pics. What do you think?

Attachment 827719

Attachment 827720

Attachment 827721

Attachment 827722

Attachment 827723

Attachment 827724

Attachment 827725

Attachment 827726

Attachment 827727

ragzl1 10-20-2016 04:17 PM

Trick ---- Wow !! Those cabinets really look nice !! It looks like you moved your house from Florida to Illinois. The wet bar is really nicely done and looks much more functional.

John

69supersport396 10-20-2016 05:13 PM

Looks great Trick!

zandron263 10-20-2016 06:21 PM

Looks great Trick do you want to do mine next? I get to cross an item off my bucket list next week when I will be at game 1 of the World Series cheering on the Indians. My wife also curbed the passenger front wheel on the Camaro a few days ago bad. I don't think it is worth fixing. Considering some aftermarket wheels but not sure what I would want. Does anyone have a recommendation my only criteria is no black wheels we are not a fan of them.

Trickskier 10-20-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragzl1 (Post 9368518)
Trick ---- Wow !! Those cabinets really look nice !! It looks like you moved your house from Florida to Illinois. The wet bar is really nicely done and looks much more functional.

John

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9368617)
Looks great Trick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 9368740)
Looks great Trick do you want to do mine next? I get to cross an item off my bucket list next week when I will be at game 1 of the World Series cheering on the Indians. My wife also curbed the passenger front wheel on the Camaro a few days ago bad. I don't think it is worth fixing. Considering some aftermarket wheels but not sure what I would want. Does anyone have a recommendation my only criteria is no black wheels we are not a fan of them.

Thanks Everyone! It was a long miserable process but well worth it in the end. Cabinets were custom made by a guy in South Georgia that has a shop behind his house. I couldn't be more pleased!

Zandron - Have FUN at the World Series! Sorry to hear about your wheel! There's a lot to choose from in the aftermarket! I'm sure you'll find something that looks great!

RubyCamaro 10-20-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9367434)
Do I get to like your page? I'm full of drama and hate. :laughabove:

Sure.....................If I can handle you here, I can handle you there.

Kitchen looks great Trick!.

Good luck finding new wheels Zandron. I found that one of the hardest decisions. Lots to choose from.
Save

69supersport396 10-21-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 9368740)

Can't go wrong with a 5 spoke design. If you are looking for old school, google a Rocket R13. Not sure if that would be a good idea on a new Camaro, but I have been considering it on old Chevys. But I would stick with a 5 spoke design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 9368870)
Sure.....................If I can handle you here, I can handle you there.

Kitchen looks great Trick!.

Good luck finding new wheels Zandron. I found that one of the hardest decisions. Lots to choose from.
Save

Found the page and like it.

Trickskier 10-21-2016 07:02 PM

Happy Friday Everyone - Sipping on a Cutty & H2o! Headed to Talladega tomorrow. Not sure who I'll pull for since Dale Jr. isn't competing.....Would love to see Danica Patrick win!

Trickskier 10-22-2016 05:59 AM

Dang it's 51 here in Jacksonville this morning. If I wasn't headed to Talladega I would start a fire and put on a pot of chili!

RubyCamaro 10-22-2016 03:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I checked out the Import Alliance Meet at Beech Bend, Bowling Green, KY. The turnout was MASSIVE!!! Put LS Fest to shame. But for participants that was not necessarily a good thing. A lot of nice cars, & definitely not all imports. I saw Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers & a variety of other domestics. I made a couple runs down the track & had some fun but it was rather a PITA. There were a lot of POS cars trying to run the track & blowing up causing delays. I also could not enjoy being a spectator because I felt the need to stand guard over my car since too many people had no respect. But One thing for sure, Black Widow stock puts a heavily modified Ruby to shame!

arod55 10-22-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickskier (Post 9370291)
Happy Friday Everyone - Sipping on a Cutty & H2o! Headed to Talladega tomorrow. Not sure who I'll pull for since Dale Jr. isn't competing.....Would love to see Danica Patrick win!

Pull for Jimmie Johnson or Chase Elliot there both on the same team (Hendrick's) plus they drive Chevy's.:thumbup::bow::respekt:

69supersport396 10-23-2016 01:14 AM

Cruise night at Pavilions.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...016#Post676933

Congrats Jan. Sounds like the atmosphere at that event is much different than I am used to.

I've gone two weeks with no inquires on the Chevelle, now I am working with four different interested parties, including a dealer. One guy asked me about places to find financing. Where's that Google flag emoticon. ;)

BLU DUCE 10-23-2016 06:34 AM

Spike III

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9371702)

Congrats Jan. Sounds like the atmosphere at that event is much different than I am used to.

I've gone two weeks with no inquires on the Chevelle, now I am working with four different interested parties, including a dealer. One guy asked me about places to find financing. Where's that Google flag emoticon. ;)

:wave:Rick I don't know any thing about cameras. But I don't know what your other good camera is like. On my computer these pics. are just awesome.:thanks: for the awesome looking vehicles. As always a great job.:first:

69supersport396 10-23-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 9371759)
:wave:Rick I don't know any thing about cameras. But I don't know what your other good camera is like. On my computer these pics. are just awesome.:thanks: for the awesome looking vehicles. As always a great job.:first:

Thanks Spike. Took these with my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Now I have six interested parties. It actually may sell this week.

BLU DUCE 10-24-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9372679)
Thanks Spike. Took these with my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Now I have six interested parties. It actually may sell this week.

Good luck
Just hope you don't get anymore of the jerks that don't seem to know about buying a vehicle. And leave all of the bull in the crapper & not wasting your time.:thumbsup:

Trickskier 10-24-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9371702)

Great pics Rick! There's some really nice cars that show up for the cruise in! Wish we had something like that here!

On another note GLWS!

69supersport396 10-24-2016 06:35 PM

Thanks guys!

I great car guy from MO is very interested in it and is selling one of his to make room for mine. We'll see.

Oh, and some local guy was supposed to come during my lunch break to look at the Chevelle. Yeah, I had to call HIM to see where he was, and he said he got held up and will be here after 5 PM. Well, it is 4:30 now and I have not heard from him. I have crap I need to do, and I think he's going to hose it all up. :( Time to start becoming less accomodating.

BLU DUCE 10-24-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9374104)
Thanks guys!

I great car guy from MO is very interested in it and is selling one of his to make room for mine. We'll see.

Oh, and some local guy was supposed to come during my lunch break to look at the Chevelle. Yeah, I had to call HIM to see where he was, and he said he got held up and will be here after 5 PM. Well, it is 4:30 now and I have not heard from him. I have crap I need to do, and I think he's going to hose it all up. :( Time to start becoming less accomodating.

Yes you should. These people wouldn't like it if they were selling some thing and these dumb A$$ people did this to them.:paddle:

70rsz28 10-24-2016 08:46 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Great pictures Rick , hopefully things work out with the chevelle . dealing with people who are not serious is the worst .

looks like the 30th anniversary will be gone this week , the guy who wants it is coming either tomorrow or Thursday. what ever day it does not rain.

some pictures of the interior renovation drywall installation .

70rsz28 10-24-2016 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a few more exterior pictures. before and after .

70rsz28 10-24-2016 10:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
a few more

69supersport396 10-25-2016 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 9374110)
Yes you should. These people wouldn't like it if they were selling some thing and these dumb A$$ people did this to them.:paddle:

The guy ended up showing up and apologized for being late. At least he was gracious about it. He said he will call me Tuesday but believes we'll be doing business. We'll see.

Oh and he hosed me up with what I needed to do tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 9374296)
Great pictures Rick , hopefully things work out with the chevelle . dealing with people who are not serious is the worst .

looks like the 30th anniversary will be gone this week , the guy who wants it is coming either tomorrow or Thursday. what ever day it does not rain.

Wow, what a huge difference! It looks great.

BLU DUCE 10-25-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 9374534)
The guy ended up showing up and apologized for being late. At least he was gracious about it. He said he will call me Tuesday but believes we'll be doing business. We'll see.

Oh and he hosed me up with what I needed to do tonight.

Wow, what a huge difference! It looks great.

LOL

BLU DUCE 10-25-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 9374402)
a few more

The place looks awesome. I like wide open rooms. And being in the woods is what really sets it apart from suburb homes. Are those timbers just holding the sheet rock or are they going to be there always?

ragzl1 10-25-2016 07:30 AM

Richard --- You have done a tremendous amount of work both inside and out. Love the upper windows that will let in a lot of natural light. Very Nice !!!

Trickskier 10-25-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 9374296)

WOW - What a difference!!! Looks great! Are you doing the work yourself?

Trickskier 10-25-2016 06:34 PM

12 Attachment(s)
It was a GREAT weekend in Talladega! The weather was perfect - Not a cloud in the sky!!! Here's a few pics!

Attachment 828881

Attachment 828882

Attachment 828883

Attachment 828884

Attachment 828885

Attachment 828886

Attachment 828887

Attachment 828888

Attachment 828890

Attachment 828891

Attachment 828892

Attachment 828893

BLU DUCE 10-25-2016 06:41 PM

It's one thing to take pics of the JG cars. But did you really have to take a single shot of the 18 car?
I just figured it out why you did that. Have to have something to amuse you to laugh at while driving home. Please forgive me. On second thought never mind.

Trickskier 10-25-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 9375905)
It's one thing to take pics of the JG cars. But did you really have to take a single shot of the 18 car?
I just figured it out why you did that. Have to have something to amuse you to laugh at while driving home. Please forgive me. On second thought never mind.

I really thought the 18 had a cool paint scheme. Looks a lot better than the yellow M & M's colors.

70rsz28 10-25-2016 10:25 PM

Thanks guys . Yes my wife and i have done 90% of the work ourselves on wknds.
Spike the picture with the table shows the new beam and post in place which replaces the smaller beam which came out when removed 2 walls . It is very open now .

We have replaced pretty much everything . Roof shingles,plywood, exterior plywood and wood siding , new larger and more windows and doors . Cathedral ceiling with large windows. All Wiring replaced , new electrical panel , all new plumbing. New wood stove , insulation .soffit fascia , propane furnace

I wanted to tear it down but my wife thought we could just renovate it . It might have been cheaper but i have too much invested in it now .
It's like a car you buy and start restoring it only to find issues that you have to address and you keep going fixing it up .
Right now it is just primed but i think it's going to be white so it is bright . My wife has to decide on how she wants the kitchen. I have to put the wood stove back and insulate the attic . We want to do a tongue and groove wood cathedral ceiling and use the same wood on the exposed beam .Then put up interior trim and then build a walk around deck.
I enjoy doing the work on it , as we can see light at the end of the tunnel .

But i have to give credit to my wife she has given 110% and has helped every step of the way .
Once again thanks guys

70rsz28 10-25-2016 10:27 PM

Trickskier nice pictures from the race .i told my father inlaw one of these days we have to go to daytona .

69supersport396 10-26-2016 11:28 AM

Very cool pics Trick!